Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   flopped 75th nut flush facing resistance.. line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403890)

DaCooler 05-15-2007 04:37 PM

flopped 75th nut flush facing resistance.. line?

new guy, no reads

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $192
CO: $397
Button: $255.20
SB: $395
Hero: $428.55

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $20</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($47, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $23</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $75</font>, UTG calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($197, 2 players)

cbloom 05-15-2007 04:42 PM

Re: flopped 75th nut flush facing resistance.. line?

u are now beat. Check-fold I guess.

meh, I guess you beat A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but there are too many more hands that beat you than you beat.

Rainclouds 05-15-2007 04:47 PM

I check-call here. 75 and 97 will probably valuebet if checked to.

He can also have a lone A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and bluff the river, or even have AA which planned to limp-reraise preflop.

Also, there are only 56 better flushes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bilbo-san 05-15-2007 04:48 PM

I usually try to get it all in on the flop. Too many horrible turn cards for either you or your opponent, and no one ever believes you flopped a flush. You'll get called by 88, 44, TT (unlikely given limped pot), T8, and probably A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T. Add in 5% of the time he limped an overpair with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] as well.

mattak 05-15-2007 04:48 PM

My guess at hand range.
-set (88,44) he cant let go of. Board pairs on river, you are beat
-slow played A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],A (x). A decent player doesnt call your turn check raise but, no reads.
-A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T (x) you are ahead and might get some value from his trips. Again, he probably shouldn't have called your check raise.
-higher flush, most likely holding IMHO. No A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush or he would have pushed turn.

bottom line: you are behind most of his range. He has approx. $100 behind on the river so he is felting any kind of hand and a blocking bet is out. I c/f river. I dont think he bets river with anything you can call.

DaCooler 05-15-2007 05:00 PM

i checked and he checked behind with K(h)10x i felt like i shouldve pushed river cause he only had 95 left.. but i too thought i had to be beat

cbloom 05-15-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i checked and he checked behind with K(h)10x i felt like i shouldve pushed river cause he only had 95 left.. but i too thought i had to be beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you're not always beat. I think you're behind 50% of his calling range which makes betting wrong.