Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Stud H/L (HORSE tourney)??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542024)

The B 11-09-2007 09:09 AM

Stud H/L (HORSE tourney)???

not sure about my raise on 5th street and bet on 7th street...help me with my stud H/L game

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low (600/1,200), Ante 100, Bring-In 200 (converter)

Seat 2: 15,335
Seat 3: 8,494
Hero: 7,406
Seat 5: 14,009
Seat 6: 3,658
Seat 7: 1,341
Seat 8: 8,404

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.17 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds

5th Street - (3.08 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (7.08 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.08 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (11.08 BB - 13,300)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot 13,300 | Rake 0

Note: this site shuffles the hole cards.

</font>

Noir_Desir 11-09-2007 09:27 AM

Re: Stud H/L (HORSE tourney)???

I think 5th street is fine. The bet on 7th is obviously pointless, he puts you on aced+low and never folds two pair.

But wtf are you doing on 3rd street with this hand?

The B 11-09-2007 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But wtf are you doing on 3rd street with this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was last to act (w/ Ace showing) with the bring-in and flat-call w/7 showing in front of me...

Noir_Desir 11-09-2007 09:37 AM

Yes, but you are risking quite a big percentage of your stack with a pretty crappy hand hoping to get the 7 to fold later in the hand if he bricks, meanwhile the bringin can come along too.
I would complete this hand 1st in to try and steal the antes, but not after a limper.

Zagga 11-09-2007 09:59 AM

fold 3rd, fold 4th, call 5th, check-call 6th and river

The B 11-09-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call 5th

[/ QUOTE ]

????????????

ras52 11-09-2007 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call 5th

[/ QUOTE ]

????????????

[/ QUOTE ]
Your hand only starts looking good on 5th with hi and lo draws, but you're trailing his board.

Zagga 11-09-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call 5th

[/ QUOTE ]

????????????

[/ QUOTE ]
He is showing two kings, he has either 3 owcards next to his kings or kings up right now. You show 3 to a low so when you raise he probadly puts you on a made low and think his kings (especialy kings up) are good for the high, he won't fold.

You on the other hand only have a low draw, and 3 outs to beat his kings plus no direct outs to beat two pair, this is hardly a valueraise and only spew imo

Noir_Desir 11-09-2007 01:16 PM

He has a flushdraw too, so together with the option of taking a free card i think the raise is not too bad.

Zagga 11-09-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has a flushdraw too, so together with the option of taking a free card i think the raise is not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

oi, didnt even notice that:)

Then raising 5th is fine