Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Need quick advice. Be a dick and tow someone or tow myself? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=559042)

RiverFenix 12-02-2007 12:55 AM

Need quick advice. Be a dick and tow someone or tow myself?

This is stupid a stupid post and OOT will basically decide in the next 20 min if I tow someone or risk getting myself towed. I live in a 4 apt building w/ 14 parking spots which are designated. I came back from a friends house and someone is in my spot and I took the very last spot in the lot that belongs to another resident. The other resident only parks here every other weekend or so as she isnt here often. The person in my spot is likely friends w/ the other residents (who I a barely know) who are having a party tonight. It is a busy area so it's likely the person in the spot is parking there for close access to bars/restaurants.

Anyway, if I leave my car where it is I risk the other resident coming back and having my car towed. If I gamble and tow the car in my spot I risk the person coming back being furious and potentially keying or damaging my car in some way. Our lot is already way overfilled w/ people parking in spots against the building. I'm slightly annoyed that I didn't get my spot but both risking my car getting towed and having my car damaged worry me more. So OOT, do I tow the bastard?

neuroman 12-02-2007 01:07 AM

Re: Need quick advice. Be a dick and tow someone or tow myself?

Tow him. It's your spot, he shouldn't park there.

Give us a TR on how the towing goes.

NT! 12-02-2007 01:10 AM

knock on the other folks' door and ask them to move it. if they won't move it or they aren't there, tow it. it's one thing if they're close by and accessible, it's another thing if they park in your lot and go out on the town or whatever, f that.

if someone keys your car, just retaliate tenfold. take down their license plate in advance just in case.

eviljeff 12-02-2007 01:21 AM

either tow the bastard or leave a posterboard sized note on your car for whomever's spot you take

Tony_P 12-02-2007 01:24 AM

have the guy towed, then leave a note on your car with your number in case the spot owner comes.
1. Dick get towed
2. You Don't
3. No Retribution

SNOWBALL 12-02-2007 01:32 AM

The easiest way to deal with this is to park in someone else's spot and leave a note on your car. No one will get their car keyed or towed 100% of the time.

Shoe 12-02-2007 01:38 AM

Definitely get their car towed. But don't park in your spot tonight to avoid the risk of damage to your car.

rakes.a.beach 12-02-2007 02:17 AM

lol. tow his car and it's not even close.

mntbikr15 12-02-2007 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely get their car towed. But don't park in your spot tonight to avoid the risk of damage to your car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the best option.

RiverFenix 12-02-2007 02:51 AM

Hey stupid thread. I waited like 20 min while roommate was getting ready to go to bar. I called towing company because like many people said thats bs. Went downstairs and waited for them and the owner of the truck came back and said he was leaving and was just at the bar to meet some friends and have a quick drink. No biggie I'm glad he didn't get towed and I'm glad I got my spot back.

Side note I went to the party and no one was there as I did ask directly if anyone in the building knew whose car it was.

Anyway, situation avoided and was a stupid thread to begin with. Thanks for taking the time to vote, feel free to lock.