Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Hole in one (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390160)

DrVanNostrin 04-27-2007 10:11 PM

Hole in one

Post your hole in one story here:

DrVanNostrin 04-27-2007 10:13 PM

Re: Hole in one

I never made one, but have witnessed several, including one from a 12 year old playing behind me. This was his second career hole in one.

bonds 04-27-2007 10:17 PM

Witnessed three, never had one myself.

Hass 04-27-2007 10:39 PM

I've had 3.

First one was when I was 14 I was about a 6 to 10 handicap then. I always played with a doctor that was about 68 years old at the time. Ok so we have 140 yards or so, home course, 9 iron. The cup is cut right on a ridge so when I hit the shot I thought it lipped out and went over the green. I tossed my club in the bag and he says something like,
"How you get mad when it goes in"

"it didn't go in, it went over the green"

"no it didn't, it's in the cup"

"your telling me that your old eyes are better than mine" (I could say this cause we were very good friends)

"ok whatever"

So we go up to the green, I grab my wedge and putter and storm off to the back of the green. He walked straight up to the cup, pulls my ball out and says, "here, lets go to the next hole"

I was a little too shocked to really yell or jump or whatever, but I couldn't stop smiling.

So I go on to eagle the next hole which is a really short par 5. Too bad I made bogey on the first 3 holes or would have been one hell of a round for a 14 year old.

Second 2 were pretty boring though. They were both on the 7th hole where I work at now, same pin placement, same club (7 iron). The last one was with some members and I was the only one that could see far enough to watch it go in. I don't think they believed me till we walked up to the green, because I just said, "hey I made it" and didn't really get too excited.

niss 04-27-2007 10:52 PM

I have a somewhat funny story about mine.

I had been playing for about 2 years. 168 yd hole, #2 at Tanglewood in Tampa. I hit a 4-iron (these days I'd hit an 8!). I get the ace, we start screaming.

I proceed to get an 8 on the next hole, and probably an 8 on every ensuing hole, as at the time I was, suffice it to say, not very good, and I was in trouble on every hole.

Playing in the group ahead of us is a fivesome, including Billy Connors (former pitching coach for the Yankees, at the time in the Cubs system) and George Bamberger.

At the 9th, it starts to rain and we go into the halfway house. There's Billy and George, and we're all excited to talk to them. Bamberger wants nothing to do with anyone, but Connors is a great guy. He calls me over, and I'm all excited to talk to him, as I'm a big baseball guy. And he announces to the entire halfway house "you the guy that got the hole in one. I figured I better watch you and learn something. YOU'VE HIT EVERY [censored] TREE ON THE COURSE SINCE THEN."

Durs522 04-27-2007 11:17 PM

Witnessed my Dad get his only hole in one. It was on a local course that has a really short uphill par 3. Couldn't tell it went in because the green had some leaves on it. When we walked up to the green we couldn't find the ball, then we looked in the whole. Pretty cool.

SoloAJ 04-28-2007 12:24 AM

Two replies saying they had Hi1s. I guess someone didn't vote in the poll?

I haven't ever witnessed one or anything. But I haven't played much. I hope I get one someday. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

LimitGod 04-28-2007 12:35 AM

I've had a double eagle but sadly no Hole-in-One.

I'd trade the albatross for an ace.

jjlied 04-28-2007 01:38 AM

Closest is a full PW hole out for an eagle, and one lip out.

biakabutukafan 04-28-2007 02:00 AM

One of the first times I ever went golfing I got within six inches to a hole in one...got par.