Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Important info about vBulletin (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523567)

Butcho22 10-15-2007 05:47 PM

Re: Important info about vBulletin

Will Dids make it through?

Ryan Beal 10-15-2007 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will there be a logging of custom titles preswitch

[/ QUOTE ]

Individual mods can do this if they wish, but they aren't all being logged by the reds or software. Mods also won't directly have that ability in vB. Essentially custom titles will have to go through an admin. This is less by choice than the mod panel being implemented in a different way.

pvn 10-15-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will there be a logging of custom titles preswitch

[/ QUOTE ]

Individual mods can do this if they wish, but they aren't all being logged by the reds or software. Mods also won't directly have that ability in vB. Essentially custom titles will have to go through an admin. This is less by choice than the mod panel being implemented in a different way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this. 95% of custom titles are really dumb.

T-God 10-15-2007 05:59 PM

noooooooooooooooo

holdme 10-15-2007 06:12 PM

my custom title is gay anyway

Spechel EDD 10-15-2007 06:30 PM

is this the same software that we used previously that stretched the forums out and made them ugly?

MrWookie 10-15-2007 06:37 PM

No, that was UBB 7.

XXXNoahXXX 10-15-2007 07:04 PM

can someone tell me a forum that currently uses this software so i can testdrive it?

StevieG 10-15-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone tell me a forum that currently uses this software so i can testdrive it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chiptalk

Gutshot poker

Literotica I was there for testing purposes only. No, seriously, it's one of the largest volume sites for vBulletin out there. So you can really test the power of the search there since you are looking at a site larger than 2+2 in traffic and posts.

Ryan Beal 10-15-2007 07:46 PM

There are many vBulletin forums out there. The thing is the community and it being relatively easy to modify means you can look at two vB boards and get almost entirely different experiences.

Default vBulletin can be found on Jelsoft's site:
www.vbulletin.com/forum

Somewhat customized official site for modifications:
www.vbulletin.org

Both of those are using fixed width by default. We will have both fluid and fixed, including conversions of some current 2+2 styles.