Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Important info about vBulletin (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523567)

-jP 10-15-2007 04:47 PM

Re: Important info about vBulletin

oh noes will banned accounts still be banned? what about the names of banned accounts will they be saved so you can't create a new account with the banned name?

PJo336 10-15-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Posting in a sticky!

[/ QUOTE ]

nath 10-15-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Posting in a sticky!

Ryan, when you get time you should post about some of the features and enhancability (sp) of vB, to get people excited rather than the standard groans about last time, wood paneling, etc. From what I've seen it's pretty sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, I know nothing about forum software, and even though I'm pretty competent as a user, I'd still like this one explained slowly and carefully.

stabn 10-15-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Posting in a sticky!

Ryan, when you get time you should post about some of the features and enhancability (sp) of vB, to get people excited rather than the standard groans about last time, wood paneling, etc. From what I've seen it's pretty sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, I know nothing about forum software, and even though I'm pretty competent as a user, I'd still like this one explained slowly and carefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan is disabling your internets and replacing them with internets 2.

Also the new forums look pretty sweet at this point, i think people will definitely appreciate the update.

Ryan Beal 10-15-2007 04:53 PM

One nice thing that even the mods haven't seen quite yet is that 2+2 will automatically switch to using a special lite skin on mobile devices, excluding the iPhone.

StevieG 10-15-2007 05:11 PM

The improved search capability of vB is a feature that most users should love.

I'll miss my low numbered user id, though. Sad face.

Los Feliz Slim 10-15-2007 05:27 PM

Will there be wood paneling?

pvn 10-15-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMPORTANT!!!
Your 2+2 display name will be used for everything once we switch. vBulletin does not use separate login and display names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the archives getting moved into the new system? Right now, my posts in the archives show up under my login name, which is different than my display name.

nath 10-15-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One nice thing that even the mods haven't seen quite yet is that 2+2 will automatically switch to using a special lite skin on mobile devices, excluding the iPhone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, that I understand. That [censored] rules.

NewTeaBag 10-15-2007 05:42 PM

Will there be a logging of custom titles preswitch so that they can easily be restored by mods in an orderly fashion once over on VB?