Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   negreanu's column: tells comment? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537771)

SNOWBALL 11-04-2007 05:37 PM

Re: negreanu\'s column: tells comment?

[ QUOTE ]

A PIP IS EITHER A HEART, SPADE, DIAMOND, OR CLUB.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a suit

xxx 11-04-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A PIP IS EITHER A HEART, SPADE, DIAMOND, OR CLUB.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a suit

[/ QUOTE ]

The pip is the little picture of the heart, spade, diamond, or club. The 4 of clubs will have 4 little pictures (pips)of clubs.

daveT 11-04-2007 09:10 PM

Let me get this straight. You have been registered at this forum for more than 4 years, have less than 800 posts, and you posted a response to this?

Pip is a character from some Charles Dicken's novel.

chucky 11-05-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pip is a character from some Charles Dicken's novel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you remember his cohort, Squeak?

SDone 11-05-2007 05:41 AM

I get what he's saying, but that would be so hard to pull off.

jcl 11-05-2007 10:54 AM

it doesn't really narrow down middle cards or paint since u see u have either straight away. but it should let u see an ace if ur really perceptive and they're really obvious since as I said before, an ace will be bent a bit more than the rest and bent as much as a deuce or trey. since they fold the deuce or trey, they must have the ace if they continue!

gobboboy 11-05-2007 02:47 PM

Anyone who plays live with me, I squeeze a ton because it's awesome.

postoakpoker 11-06-2007 04:32 AM

whoever squeezes their cards in such a way that they have to count the freakin pips is retarded

NoSetNoBet 11-06-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whoever squeezes their cards in such a way that they have to count the freakin pips is retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. People do this just for the "excitement", or the "rush". I have a friend who squeezes his cards as slowly as possible every time. He does the same thing at 3-Card Poker. He is of course, by his own admission, a hopeless and degenerate gambling junkie.

postoakpoker 11-06-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. People do this just for the "excitement", or the "rush". I have a friend who squeezes his cards as slowly as possible every time. He does the same thing at 3-Card Poker. He is of course, by his own admission, a hopeless and degenerate gambling junkie.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay buddy, keep looking at your cards and getting a hardon while you count the number of little colored shapes on the cards. hmmm, I dont know, maybe you should be using that time to be looking at other players instead of staring at your own cards; they're not gonna change no matter how long you stare at them. now that you mention it, every time i sweat a skilled player, he/she takes at least 10 seconds to identify his cards.