Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   30 game, 2 cold to me, I have AT on Axx (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354885)

gaming_mouse 03-14-2007 10:04 AM

30 game, 2 cold to me, I have AT on Axx

Online game. UTG folds, 3 limpers (this never happens), I complete, BB checks. I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, unknown bets, 30/20 seemingly good player raises, button folds. What is your plan at this point?

To me this was the crucial decision of the hand. I'll post the rest later.

Thanks,
gm

MrCharlie 03-14-2007 10:09 AM

Re: 30 game, 2 cold to me, I have AT on Axx

I am kind of a newbie, but, personally I call half the time and raise the turn and the other half the time I raise here. It depends on the oponent and whether I think I need more information early in the hand or not.

admiralfluff 03-14-2007 11:21 AM

I think we have a substantial equity edge here. I also think it is fairly likely that at least one of these players has a strong draw. I 3bet now to push my edge, and fire a safe turn to preempt a disastrous check-through.

gaming_mouse 03-14-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we have a substantial equity edge here. I also think it is fairly likely that at least one of these players has a strong draw. I 3bet now to push my edge, and fire a safe turn to preempt a disastrous check-through.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my line. On the flop, both called the 3bet. On the turn, I bet again (??), unknown calls, and LAGTAG raises. I fold.

admiralfluff 03-14-2007 12:02 PM

Was turn total blank?

milesdyson 03-14-2007 12:08 PM

The guy has to have 76s right? Seems like you need to call the turn. Tough fold UI on the river but it's probably the right play. I wouldn't do it though, haha.

londomollari 03-14-2007 12:15 PM

Why not bet the flop? Would the 30/20 raise the flop with a draw? The pot isn't huge and your out of position seems like a flop muck to me.

gaming_mouse 03-14-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was turn total blank?

[/ QUOTE ]

turn was a 4 IIRC.

gaming_mouse 03-14-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy has to have 76s right? Seems like you need to call the turn. Tough fold UI on the river but it's probably the right play. I wouldn't do it though, haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was also an excellent chance I was reverse dominated. A6s A7s are both possible. A set is also possible.

Are you saying you would call this down? I think I like my line better than that....

Also, thoughts on flop 3b?

milesdyson 03-14-2007 01:06 PM

I like the flop 3-bet and assume that this guy would iso-raise with A6 and A7 preflop. 30/20 players don't overlimp in the cutoff very often, and I don't think these hands fit the bill for it anyway (I would worry about 22 or 33 if he could have a set with these).

The turn 4 is not a great card because he could possibly have 85s and A4s is somewhat more likely than A6 or A7. Now I'm not even sure about calling the turn, even though I would do it at the table because I'd put him on 76s on the turn (and then A2 on the river). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]