Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Limped Pot. Straight vs Resistance on Paired Board... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551519)

SinkRox 11-21-2007 03:00 PM

Limped Pot. Straight vs Resistance on Paired Board...

Meh... BB villain is only 27/14/1.3/430. He seems solid / nothing out of line so far.

I dont expect him to c/c flop with a set, he does have a low af so maybe he c/calls flop with 9x and 2p which boats up. I only think he plays like this with A9 which I beat and 96,95, maybe K9 which pwn me.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($16, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $45</font>, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($106, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $88</font>, Hero, for once, wants to fold [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Results:
Final pot: $106

HoldEmNewby 11-21-2007 03:10 PM

Re: Limped Pot. Straight vs Resistance on Paired Board...

3 town the turn ftw. Its not even close.

AllIn3High 11-21-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 town the turn ftw. Its not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I'm not sure I like 3-betting this turn. It let's him get away from non-boat/non-straight hands, I don't think a solid player is stacking off with a naked 9 here very often.

I don't think I can find a fold on the turn tho since he could very easily be raising any good 9. I'd probably call the turn raise and go w/ my gut on the river, I know that's very poor advice, but I can't do any better. Probably fold this time given your read.

orange 11-21-2007 03:41 PM

stacks are?

BombayBadboy 11-21-2007 03:43 PM

I expect him to raise two pair on the flop with one player behind him..well, who knows he aint that good of a player jusging by his stats.

That being said, I definately shove turn. He is not folding 9x with those draws out there.

-edit- assuming 100bb stacks

SinkRox 11-21-2007 06:52 PM

Sorry, didnt mention stack sizes... they were full 100BB stacks.

LooseAggressive 11-21-2007 07:05 PM

Tough spot here. I think you would have heard from two pair on the flop because it is a very draw heavy board even with such a low aggression factor. A portion of the time I think you run into your same hand, 78, (his line of waiting for the turn and raising to 3x your bet size I've often encountered as a line "the nuts" takes) or a naked 9. Nines full is also very possible but I discount its likelyhood because the flop was not raised.