Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   A8s Live 8/16 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382363)

Yodaman 04-18-2007 09:18 PM

A8s Live 8/16

Villain just sat down about an orbit ago, haven't found out much about him other than he's somewhat of a thinker, decent but not great.

Folds to Hero A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Hero Raises.
SB Call, BB Call

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB Check, BB Bets, <font color="red"> </font> , Hero Raises <font color="red"> </font> , SB Folds, BB 3-Bets <font color="red"> </font>, Hero Calls.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB Checks, Hero Checks

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB Checks, Hero ?

Was I correct to try for freecard on flop?
Whats river line?

Grease 04-18-2007 09:37 PM

Re: A8s Live 8/16

I'm not sure about the flop. I like the raise if he can get frisky with air, but after he 3-towns, I'm ready bail on the turn.

I think it's a pretty easy river bet, as he'll call with a 7 almost 100% of the time. He seems weak to b/3-b and then check when an over came.

ncboiler 04-18-2007 09:50 PM

I just call the flop bet and play from there. I just don't see much value in raising.

Check turn.

Bet river.

ncboiler 04-18-2007 09:54 PM

Oh. I don't like the flop raise with free card reasoning. You are only drawing to top pair and may be reverse dominated. If I'm raising for a free card its under the premise that I am calling a turn bet no matter what. You are not doing that here.

BigBadBabar 04-19-2007 01:31 AM

i don't like this play live as much when people are often more passive and often have something. i do bet the river in this case for value.

Bob T. 04-19-2007 05:15 AM

I have to admit, I'm confused by my opponents play here.

It seems like maybe a pair with a straight draw, or something like that. Or maybe a strangely played A5. Either way, the 8 put us in front, so I fall into whatever trap has been set for me, and value bet the river. I'll probably call if it gets raised.

Yodaman 04-20-2007 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It seems like maybe a pair with a straight draw, or something like that. Or maybe a strangely played A5. Either way, the 8 put us in front, so I fall into whatever trap has been set for me, and value bet the river. I'll probably call if it gets raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he checked the turn I put him on a tricky 45 or 2 pair, and even still when he checked river I was sticking to my thoughts and hence brought out the weak tight play at live play which is a leak.

James. 04-20-2007 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no crap.

still, it looks like he is usually showing up with a 7 here. valuebet the river.

TheHip41 04-20-2007 07:02 PM

i hate the flop raise, you have nopair/nodraw.

I usually fold this flop live.

Since you raised/called the flop, I'd fold the turn, but he checked.

On the river, I think I'm winning, so I'm betting, and if he c/r, I'm folding.