Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518733)

Kevmath 10-09-2007 12:12 AM

Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match)

This week's shows (the last of the new shows for a few weeks) is a special $50k buyin, 300k winner take all "Mega Match" with Jennifer Harman, Barry Greenstein, Allen Cunningham, David Benyamine, Eli Elezra and Phil Ivey. Should be an interesting (if not as vocal) week of shows.

kingbrody 10-09-2007 12:21 AM

Re: Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match)

WOW! PAD continues to impress. 300K for a 6 person sit & go? That's crazy! That's more money than 1st place in most WSOP events. And of course the lineup is a who's who of poker greatness. Ivey, Greenstein, Elezra! I find it flat out incredible that week after week, match after match PAD gets the best players to come and sit. Huge Props to NBC for airing what is by far, the most comprehensive match coverage on TV ever.

Suited_Queens 10-09-2007 01:13 AM

Deleted spoilers.

RikkiDee 10-09-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW! PAD continues to impress. 300K for a 6 person sit & go? That's crazy! That's more money than 1st place in most WSOP events. And of course the lineup is a who's who of poker greatness. Ivey, Greenstein, Elezra! I find it flat out incredible that week after week, match after match PAD gets the best players to come and sit. Huge Props to NBC for airing what is by far, the most comprehensive match coverage on TV ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

someone check this for a nbc ip address

Micro Donk 10-09-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

someone check this for a nbc ip address

[/ QUOTE ]

every single one of his posts are related to overloving PAD

EWS87 10-09-2007 02:18 AM

i really like it when phil and barry are at the same table...barry is the only one who can get phil to talk alot which is good for everyone watching

DinkinFlicka 10-09-2007 02:32 AM

yeah it is nice to see a lively phil ivey. when was this filmed? it looks like it was filmed before x22 had the accident because his face looks normal.

Dima2000123 10-09-2007 02:46 AM

Oh, for crying out loud, I'd rather watch Phil Laak at the table than listen to all the prop talk. Have the show's producers learned nothing from HSP?

Dima2000123 10-09-2007 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah it is nice to see a lively phil ivey. when was this filmed? it looks like it was filmed before x22 had the accident because his face looks normal.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does Paul Magriel have to do with this week's episodes?

DinkinFlicka 10-09-2007 02:52 AM

Oh my bad, Benyamine just looks like a young Magriel before the accident.

Runkmud 10-09-2007 03:03 AM

Barry, you rock! Thanks for keeping things chatty and trying to goad some gossip out of Ivey.

PS. Voted on you to take this thing!

john voight 10-09-2007 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What does Paul Magriel have to do with this week's episodes?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Oh my bad, Benyamine just looks like a young Magriel before the accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL x 100000000000

Kos13 10-09-2007 03:25 AM

Wow, Benyamine is terrible.

Randian 10-09-2007 03:36 AM

Ivey: DinkinFllicka

Randian 10-09-2007 03:38 AM

lol @ $5200

FortWorthJim 10-09-2007 05:19 AM

Nice to finally hear Ivey's opinion on the Vaswani golf situation, in his own words.

private joker 10-09-2007 06:53 AM

Does this bother anyone else? Elezra's first name is Eli, rhyming with "wheel-eye." His friends -- Harman, Beyamine, Greenstein, along with Farha and Doyle Brunson (on HSP) refer to him as eee-lie. But announcers such as Benza, Kaplan, Nejad, and even Shana in her intro, keep saying it like it rhymes with "belly." OMG announcers please get it right.

Randian 10-09-2007 07:11 AM

wheel-eye=wheel-I, u meant wheel-E. either way, he's from Israel. He should just call himself "Scotty"

KSOT 10-09-2007 07:14 AM

Is there anything worse than a ban we can do to Suited Queens?

Like ohhhh, I dunno... assassination?

private joker 10-09-2007 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wheel-eye=wheel-I, u meant wheel-E. either way, he's from Israel. He should just call himself "Scotty"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not wheel-E. The second syllable is "I" like eye or pie or die die die die.

Randian 10-09-2007 07:25 AM

oh, i see, i was mistaken. in the future, contain pleez contain ur posts to mono-syllabic sentences so other drunks are not confused

freekobe 10-09-2007 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this bother anyone else? Elezra's first name is Eli, rhyming with "wheel-eye." His friends -- Harman, Beyamine, Greenstein, along with Farha and Doyle Brunson (on HSP) refer to him as eee-lie. But announcers such as Benza, Kaplan, Nejad, and even Shana in her intro, keep saying it like it rhymes with "belly." OMG announcers please get it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

He goes by both.

PokerMadeMeFat 10-09-2007 09:17 AM

Anyone know why NBC has removed the PAD page from their site? Can I watch the episode somewhere else?

Daddy Warbucks 10-09-2007 10:31 AM

It'll probably go up on pokertube soon.

TheRempel 10-09-2007 10:38 AM

it's still up there at http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/site/nbc...nextfmt=default
but no updates. It's weird, some weeks they are really quick and others are really slow. Last week most eps were up just after they aired.

PokrLikeItsProse 10-09-2007 02:35 PM

In that whole "I know what you have" deal, I wish Barry G had dared Phil Ivey to walk over to Shana Hiatt and give a side interview saying what he thought BG had.

kingbrody 10-09-2007 03:05 PM

Well F*** me in the a** with a chain saw. Forgive me for actually enjoying PAD. Yes, I am a true FAN. However, I call it like I see it. PAD has had some down moments remember Cunningham vs Juanda? But recently the shows have been terrific. So instead of personally attacking me. Watch the shows and make up your own mind. And for the love of god stop attacking Shana, she's a Playmate for christs sake. What more do you moron's want from a women. Hear me now, believe me later, she'll go and you'll miss her. And I leave you on this note, freedom of speech and expression should only be encouraged. It's a sad state of affairs when poker players try and censor other poker players.

moving shapes 10-09-2007 05:51 PM

good episode..

Dominic 10-09-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well F*** me in the a** with a chain saw. Forgive me for actually enjoying PAD. Yes, I am a true FAN. However, I call it like I see it. PAD has had some down moments remember Cunningham vs Juanda? But recently the shows have been terrific. So instead of personally attacking me. Watch the shows and make up your own mind. And for the love of god stop attacking Shana, she's a Playmate for christs sake. What more do you moron's want from a women. Hear me now, believe me later, she'll go and you'll miss her. And I leave you on this note, freedom of speech and expression should only be encouraged. It's a sad state of affairs when poker players try and censor other poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

appearing in Playboy does not automatically make you a "playmate."

exec771 10-09-2007 07:09 PM

What a surprise Eli is the shortstack!!..

Also about that 5200 raise, seeing Allen's cards obviuosly it was a mistake, but isnt he the least likely to try and angle like this probably, hence making it easier for Ivey to raise..

I wonder what he would have done if Laak had raised to 5200 in a similar situation.

BigSoonerFan 10-09-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice to finally hear Ivey's opinion on the Vaswani golf situation, in his own words.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did he say?

KiwiMark 10-09-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a customer that has lived in Israel, since Eli comes from Israel I asked my customer how the name "Eli" would be pronounced. He assured me that he proper Israel pronunciation would be the one that rhymes with belly.

Maybe Eli uses either, but when announcers have asked him how it should be pronounced he told them - so they stick to the correct pronunciation, even if his friends and acquaintances don't.

gregorio 10-09-2007 11:40 PM

Barry told Phil he doesn't golf with the other poker players much because he sucks and would always lose, and then made some comment about how he could always just decide after he loses that the match wasn't fair and decide not to pay. He and Phil then made some jokes in a similar vein.

Futtocked 10-09-2007 11:58 PM

Barry: If you can imagine a moose holding a golf club and getting his body through thats him (degenyamine).
David: Whats a moose?
Allen: A moose is an animal.

i lol'd

Dan87 10-10-2007 03:12 AM

Elezra tells them to stop talking about props during a big hand but then points out in the same breath that he thinks Allen put in the wrong chip, affecting Iveys play. Way to go there hypocrite.

Kassu 10-10-2007 10:19 AM

I like Shana's outfit.

Berky 10-10-2007 10:40 AM

Benyamine's shove is so bizzare.

Etaipo 10-10-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Shana's outfit.

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot

ShizzMoney 10-10-2007 03:10 PM

Shana's tittays have been consistently the star of the show in PAD Season 2

sneaks619 10-10-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry told Phil he doesn't golf with the other poker players much because he sucks and would always lose, and then made some comment about how he could always just decide after he loses that the match wasn't fair and decide not to pay. He and Phil then made some jokes in a similar vein.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe people in the poker community have not stood up to Ram and this BULL$[censored], and that he's not getting more flack for not paying on a bet. Isn't that the cardnal sin in gambling to not make good on a bet he made. I could be wrong but it seems like phil has accpeted the fact that he's not going to get paid. On a side note, shawna is hott and this week's show is really good