Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Best line for non-nut flush on four flush board? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=101965)

Aironc 05-01-2006 05:35 PM

Best line for non-nut flush on four flush board?

Two from this past weekend. Both villans were loose and somewhat passive.

Pacific Poker 25c/50c 8 handed

Hero is SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG folds,UTG+1 calls, MP calls, MP+1 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked through.

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, 2 folds, MP calls,MP+1 folds.

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, MP bets, hero calls

Pacific poker 25c/50c 5 handed.

Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG calls, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG calls

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets,UTG calls

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero calls.

Any general thoughts on what line to take? I bet the river in the second hand due to only really fearing two hearts. With the jack I C/C.

Another question, should I lead out in hand one?

Thanks.

Befolder 05-01-2006 05:41 PM

Re: Best line for non-nut flush on four flush board?

I like your line in hand one, but I'd check call w/ the flush Q in the second hand.

I'd like to hear other opinions though. I like the rest of your streets.

Dustangel 05-01-2006 05:43 PM

You should've bet on the flop 1st hand when you had all the pot odds in the world.

Befolder 05-01-2006 05:45 PM

I don't bet the non-nut flush in first position here. You're asking to be raised and at this point you'd like to make your hand first against only 3 players. Plus, if it's bet and raised before it gets back to you, you can save your bets and fold since your odds have trickled away.

rjacobs003 05-01-2006 05:45 PM

Would have bet the flop in the first hand. You're in late position with plenty of outs for the flush draw so I would try to win this quickly

Befolder 05-01-2006 05:46 PM

Hero is in early position on both hands according to my view as him being sb and bb respectively.

rjacobs003 05-01-2006 05:51 PM

oops *rubs his eyes wearily*

tiltaholic 05-01-2006 05:57 PM

bet the flop in hand one.
i think hand 2 is ok. (you should sotp the action at your bet - obviously when you get raised everyone will now say check/call)

Befolder 05-01-2006 05:59 PM

Tilt-Can you give me more info about why to bet hand one in bad position against three villains.

I've seen you post far more than I here so perhaps I'm not doing something I should. I'm just thinking we don't want to get into a situation to make a worse flush than someone else in bad position.

I'm not good with running pot equity numbers and such. My computer can't handle PT yet.

tiltaholic 05-01-2006 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tilt-Can you give me more info about why to bet hand one in bad position against three villains.

I've seen you post far more than I here so perhaps I'm not doing something I should. I'm just thinking we don't want to get into a situation to make a worse flush than someone else in bad position.

I'm not good with running pot equity numbers and such. My computer can't handle PT yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you should worry about making a worse flush, in general, when you are holding 2 suited cards in your hand. it is just too rare.

that said, in this case i thought there were 4 villains. i'm pretty sure that at least 2 of them could call my bet. and if they fold, thats good too.

if you aren't comfortable figuring out the equity you have with a flush draw (and you should figure it out because it's important) one can go by a general rule of thumb that if more than 2 people will call, it is good to bet when you have a 4 flush. this is because you flush will arrive about 35% of the time.