Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official*** Mizzou vs. Oklahoma Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554631)

THEOSU 11-26-2007 02:26 PM

Re: ***Official*** Mizzou vs. Oklahoma Thread

i'm a big fan of rodgers and hammerstein, so gooooo oklahoma!

88jayhawks 11-26-2007 03:20 PM

DeMarco Murray (OU) out for the year with a dislocated kneecap. [censored] that would hurt. for the people with more knowledge on OU, how does this change things?

cardsfan04 11-27-2007 11:31 PM

I'm pretty sure Murray only had less than 10 touches the first time Mizzou/OK played, but I could be wrong. I wasn't paying full attention to SportsCenter.

Also, I thought I heard that each conference could only get 1 BCS game. Is this true? Does that change if the BCS game is the title game? Did I just dream this up?

illini43 11-27-2007 11:33 PM

GO ILLINI (OKLAHOMA)

illini43 11-27-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Murray only had less than 10 touches the first time Mizzou/OK played, but I could be wrong. I wasn't paying full attention to SportsCenter.

Also, I thought I heard that each conference could only get 1 BCS game. Is this true? Does that change if the BCS game is the title game? Did I just dream this up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Each conference can have, at most 2 BCS bids.

cardsfan04 11-27-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Each conference can have, at most 2 BCS bids.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, that makes more sense.

suzzer99 11-28-2007 12:30 AM

Even if they have 3 teams in the top 4?

TomCollins 11-28-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It is even possible for a conference champion to be denied a bid if #1 and #2 are from the same conference (but not the champion).

commish223 11-28-2007 01:26 AM

OSU here.

BOOOOOOOOMER..........

BigSoonerFan 11-28-2007 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it makes sense, considering that if 3 of the top 4 teams are from one conference, there usually isn't enough competitiveness in the conference or OOC games. Compared to the SEC and PAC-10, I'd say that was the case here. This year Oklahoma and Kansas have the weakest schedules. If OU loses, they don't deserve a BCS bowl. If Missouri loses, they get screwed.

Essentially the same thing happened last year in the Big Ten.