Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Completely confused by villain's line... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481908)

neurotiq 08-20-2007 06:02 AM

Completely confused by villain\'s line...

I'm dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP2. UTG+2 is 34/12/1.75.

UTG+2 limps. I raise. All folds to UTG+2 who pulls the old limp-3bet. I have no idea what this means, and cap (is this a bad idea? I really have no idea how to handle this situation and have no idea what a limp-3bet means). He calls.

Flop is: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+2 checks to me. I bet. He check-raises now. I call.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG+2 checks to me again. I'm so completely confused and have no idea how I should be playing this...

sharpie 08-20-2007 06:17 AM

Re: Completely confused by villain\'s line...

I don't like the PF cap, you're probably not a favorite and you'd rather let him keep the initiative.

On the turn he's repped massive strength but he's played it weird, I'd check behind the turn and call a river bet, bet if checked to.

neeeel 08-20-2007 06:25 AM

limp reraising usually means AA,KK, or QQ in my experience. though I have seen some maniacs do it with rubbish. I tend to fold the flop, or call flop and fold turn without a really strong hand

Todpullen 08-20-2007 06:44 AM

*grunch*

A LRR normally implies AA, KK - sometimes AK or QQ. However, I have seen people do this with all sorts presumably for the hell of it. I would call not cap PF, and then on that flop fold to a bet.

As played I would check behind on the turn and call a river bet UI (betting or raising if I filled up). If he has an overpair he might put you on a Q when you called the flop check-raise - hence the check on the turn (worried you might have trips) but that is just one possibility really.

neeeel 08-20-2007 06:57 AM

wow todd, u is in my brain [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Xhad 08-20-2007 07:04 AM

I really don't think it matters what you do after you get here; bet/fold, or check behind call. With a better read you might just check behind/fold. This is either a trap or random stupidity.

Todpullen 08-20-2007 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow todd, u is in my brain [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remarkably neat and tidy in here too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Smurph64 08-20-2007 09:20 AM

*grunch from the cheap seats

A limp 3 bet means two things from my experience:

Strong drawing hand, suited connectors typically or JJ to 88.

His play indicates a pocket pair or is just testing you with blatant aggression, but with his line I would suggest the former.

I would just check the turn and call a raise on the river.

Buzz-cp 08-20-2007 11:24 AM

check behind turn because he is going for quadfecta...

you said it yourself, "he has LRR--I don't know what this means" then why did you cap preflop?

When flop goes c/r and he checks turn, he probably has KK/AA now and is scared that you just tripped up. He is never folding a better hand, so you may as well check behind. I think the pot is to big to fold, so you can also get to SD for 1 bet unless you improve.

Buzz

NIX 08-20-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is either a trap or random stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]
The latter is why I want to show it down cheaply. I check the turn and call the river.