Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Course of action (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=496653)

Bruce D 09-08-2007 07:14 PM

Course of action

New to the table

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Critiques please. Is the turn check attrocious?

I am starting to get mubs again these days and I need a kick in the arse.

yourface 09-08-2007 07:44 PM

Re: Course of action

bet the turn

Leader 09-08-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

milesdyson 09-08-2007 08:00 PM

"Is the turn check attrocious?"

probably at this limit, yeah. you have button beaten a ton unless he has QT AJ or TT. MP has a huge range. and that turn card is "bad" but good in the sense that it creates more worse hands for them to call.

Bruce D 09-08-2007 08:01 PM

b/c without reads, call the river?

oap876 09-08-2007 08:11 PM

why would you checdk the turn and then bet the river? I would def. bet the turn here.

Leader 09-08-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b/c without reads, call the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes sir

well unless it's a heart or you make a str8

Bruce D 09-08-2007 08:37 PM

Ok. Thanks Miles. Thanks Leader.

My style of play has been getting me in trouble (weak/tight) and it seems to be getting worse.

I am starting to put people on too narrow of a range and giving them credit for the goods too often, and then on the other hand not believe someone and give too much action. Both are a recipe for disaster which I am trying to avoid. I just read through ChulioBarths last thread and our stats are very similar as far as vpip, blind def, atsb etc...

In this particular hand I thought btn had two pair, flush, trip tens on turn and didn't want to bet fold and thought bet call was just sick. Of course the way I have been running, I didn't even imagine I would get a call. Just a raise or a fold.

Leader 09-08-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am starting to put people on too narrow of a range and giving them credit for the goods too often, and then on the other hand not believe someone and give too much action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Often times when you feel like you both get bluffed a ton and give too much action, you're running bad. Basically when you make a hand, you lose and think you should of found a fold. On the other hand you miss a ton post flop and have to fold. So you feel like you're getting bluffed.