Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Standard push, right? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555192)

clowntable 11-26-2007 10:36 PM

Standard push, right?

0.5$/1$
Hero is in the SB with 100$
BB has 19$ recently joined, no reads

Folds to Hero who pushes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I'm wondering at what stack size of villain I prefer to raise and fold a certain part of my range to agression and push another part.

spivey 11-26-2007 10:43 PM

Re: Standard push, right?

Fine.

nazahl 11-26-2007 10:44 PM

i think i'd rather fold than push

clowntable 11-26-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i'd rather fold than push

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

Dr_Doctr 11-26-2007 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fine.

[/ QUOTE ] Level? The guy has 19BBs and we're open-shoving 22 from the SB? I don't know a lot about tournament short-stacking junk but isn't his stack is a little large to be playing all-in/fold? If this is standard I'll have to really change how I play against shortstackers in the blinds.

clowntable 11-26-2007 10:54 PM

I think the push is good because he'll most likely only call with hands that have us crushed and a few that we flip with.

Unknown Soldier 11-26-2007 11:00 PM

pushing is +EV

folding is lol, but just raise

Oct0puz 11-26-2007 11:03 PM

As long as you have $24 or less moving in is +Ev even if your opponent knew your cards. If this is more +Ev than a standard raise is another issue.

clowntable 11-26-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pushing is +EV

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah folding is out of the question. Just found my copy of NLHTP and a push is > folding up to 48ish BBs but the real question is if I want to raise normally.

I feel like I get into a lot of strange situations if he calls the raise due to stack size issues and me not playing well in those situations. I also think that some players are more likely to call some hands that they would fold to a push like JTs.

I'm also afraid he could push ATC over the raise and force me to make wrong laydowns there.

early325 11-26-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pushing is +EV

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah folding is out of the question. Just found my copy of NLHTP and a push is > folding up to 48ish BBs but the real question is if I want to raise normally.

I feel like I get into a lot of strange situations if he calls the raise due to stack size issues and me not playing well in those situations. I also think that some players are more likely to call some hands that they would fold to a push like JTs.

I'm also afraid he could push ATC over the raise and force me to make wrong laydowns there.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should never raise/fold a pair vs a stack < 20BB