Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   pre-declarion a engineering major-how do you choose? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518652)

furyshade 10-08-2007 10:30 PM

pre-declarion a engineering major-how do you choose?

every school im applying to that has an engineering program (all but u of c) as an electrical engineering major. this has always seemed like the choice for me but recently i've started to think that i really don't know much about the various engineering majors, is this something i should worry about now or is there a good way to find which way is right for me?

ItalianFX 10-08-2007 11:01 PM

Re: pre-declarion a engineering major-how do you choose?

Can you research deeper into the differences?

eviljeff 10-08-2007 11:07 PM

talk to students/alums/ppl in the industry

ofishstix 10-09-2007 01:24 AM

usually it's very easy to change majors within the engineering school. with that said, it really doesnt matter what you sign up for early on bc most engineers take the same classes for the first year or so.

vqchuang 10-09-2007 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
usually it's very easy to change majors within the engineering school. with that said, it really doesnt matter what you sign up for early on bc most engineers take the same classes for the first year or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

itll make a big difference if some of the majors are impacted (limit number of people in each major).
BioEng was impacted at my UG, as was EE/CS. If its impacted then I'm not sure u will be able to just transfer in and out.

relativity_x 10-09-2007 02:04 PM

I believe most schools have a two semester engineering exploration course, which provides insight into each branch of engineering. Generally, you'll know at the end of the two semesters which branch is right for you.

furyshade 10-09-2007 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe most schools have a two semester engineering exploration course, which provides insight into each branch of engineering. Generally, you'll know at the end of the two semesters which branch is right for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is actually pretty cool, i really hope wherever i should choose to go has something like this.

eighty6 10-10-2007 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is actually pretty cool, i really hope wherever i should choose to go has something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

go to virginia tech and you can, also dont pick materials science engineering if you so happen to go there.

diddyeinstein 10-10-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or in my case that none are.