Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA on a pretty wet board... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554289)

Mike MacIntosh 11-25-2007 06:05 PM

AA on a pretty wet board...

No stats on villain but he has been at the table for more than 3 orbits. Have noticed nothing special or donkish about him. FWIW, has a Taggy name.

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $104.55
SB: $127.60
BB: $19.15
Hero (UTG): $108
MP: $24
CO: $116.60

MP posts $1
Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, MP calls $4, CO calls $5, 3 folds

Flop: ($16.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $32</font>, Hero ???

SlowRoll 11-25-2007 06:08 PM

Re: AA

I bet a little more on the flop, like 12-13.

I just fold to the flop raise. Worst case is set/2 pair/straight. Even if he is semibluffing with like 9-10 hearts, you are not in good shape.

EasyAs1-2-3 11-25-2007 06:12 PM

Re: AA on a pretty wet board...

Default thinking is shoving overtop here but I don't know if that really is the best play. He can have us crushed w/ KQ, 99 or 10J all of which are well within his PF calling range. I think we're pretty much hoping that we're up against some sort of pair+draw where we're not really gonna be much of a favorite. I think I've just decided this should probably be a fold. I'll be interested to see what someone who actually knows what they're talking about thinks.

EDIT - bet more on flop, between 13 and pot.

74o_Clownsuit 11-25-2007 06:16 PM

What's your image? Nitty?

The fact that we have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes this more of a fold but I usually call this and shove a brick turn. Although it is pretty gross to call a big bet and have less than pot left on the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Mike MacIntosh 11-25-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your image? Nitty?

The fact that we have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes this more of a fold but I usually call this and shove a brick turn. Although it is pretty gross to call a big bet and have less than pot left on the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we have an image it is defiantly TAG.

spivey 11-25-2007 07:25 PM

I'd near pot flop, and fold to a raise.

Up-grey-de 11-25-2007 07:28 PM

Re: AA

[ QUOTE ]
I bet a little more on the flop, like 12-13.

I just fold to the flop raise. Worst case is set/2 pair/straight. Even if he is semibluffing with like 9-10 hearts, you are not in good shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this post was excellent, but wanted to add that if you would call here, turn is going to be a nightmare for you no matter what comes, and pushing is out of the question, so Id say def a fold. So hard to play these hands OOP.