Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Wii Virtual Console updates (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330018)

gharp 02-12-2007 02:06 PM

Wii Virtual Console updates

I thought it would be good to consolidate these into one thread that someone can update on Mondays when these games become available. You can always check the News feed here for updates.

Additions for the week of 2/12/2006:

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Ice Climber (NES)
Kid Icarus (NES)

Am I the only person who wanted to see Kid Icarus more than any other game for the NES?

Red Lion 02-12-2007 03:35 PM

Re: Wii Virtual Console updates

How much do those cost?

Wheatsauce 02-12-2007 03:38 PM

Kid Icarus...sweet. I'm going to download that fo sho. I don't think I've ever beaten it without using the password that just takes you to the last level with all of the items.

I guess they are going with a Smash Bros. theme this week.

Soul Daddy 02-12-2007 03:48 PM

I just remember Kid Icarus being insanely difficult. I'm not sure I want the temptation to destroy a controller at this point, but once I finish SMW I'm going to be debating it.

gharp 02-12-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much do those cost?

[/ QUOTE ]
The NES games are all 500 points ($5)

Valsuvious 02-12-2007 05:24 PM

Kid Icarus was one of the only early games that I never was able to play. No one I knew had it, the video store that I went to never had it for rent, and I just never remembered it when I was out bargain shopping [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

billyjex 02-12-2007 07:21 PM

kid icarus is a sick game.

however i wish they realease more games more quickly :/

i guess it does have the proper effect of me buying more of games i dont spend that much time on

DukeSucks 02-12-2007 07:32 PM

I used to love Kid Icarus. I remember I let a kid on my bus borrow it and he wouldn't ever bring it back. I had to walk several neighborhoods over (a lot for a kid) and got his mom to give it back to me.

Buzz-cp 02-13-2007 12:52 AM

i can't believe Kid Icarus is 20 years old OMG! I spent lots of hours playing that.

Needle77 02-13-2007 03:03 AM

Considering I've already invested 36 dollars into VC I'll only be buying Metroid, SMB(Lost levels because I never played them), Super Mario RPG, and Punch Out. I'll consider the star fox for 64, but I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the SNES version.

I guess the point of my post is, these games have been announced that VC will eventually carry them. Is there any time table at all on them?

Also, people with more knowledge than me, the companies that own Shining Force 2(Atlus??) and Dragon Warrior 4(???), is there a possibility that they give Nintendo the go to sell these?