Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What are the top schools for undergrad recruiting? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555854)

Hebel 11-30-2007 09:34 PM

Re: What are the top schools for undergrad recruiting?

I go to Georgetown, and my sales and trading interview start next week. Every major bank is down here all the time actively recruiting. My grades arent that good (3.45) but i do have sales experience and solid leadership skills. We'll see if anyone gives me an internship

Moseley 11-30-2007 10:51 PM

I met a college grad from Princeton at the poker table in Atlantic City last year. He was going to Georgetown for his law degree.
He told me spending the extra money to go an ivy league school is a waste of money.

He claimed he breezed through the 4 years with an A avg., but then he got in there on a scholarship, so he was one of those who retains well.

technologic 12-01-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I met a college grad from Princeton at the poker table in Atlantic City last year. He was going to Georgetown for his law degree.
He told me spending the extra money to go an ivy league school is a waste of money.

He claimed he breezed through the 4 years with an A avg., but then he got in there on a scholarship, so he was one of those who retains well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think ivy schools have merit based scholarships

jws43yale 12-01-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think ivy schools have merit based scholarships

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Ivy League "education" worth the money, no. But the network and respect that the 'Y' on my degree will get me sure as hell is.

JooWish622 12-01-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hah.

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 12-02-2007 03:34 AM

obviously there are no surprises here....

for the financy/mathy stuff:
harvard yale princeton MIT stanford penn cornell caltech columbia duke

BeL0wMe 12-02-2007 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously there are no surprises here....

for the financy/mathy stuff:
harvard yale princeton MIT stanford penn cornell caltech columbia uchicago and I pretty much agree

[/ QUOTE ]