Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL200 - OOP with KK vs coldcaller (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474175)

moldman 08-10-2007 11:17 AM

NL200 - OOP with KK vs coldcaller

Villain is 20/7/1.4 through 300 hands. By the way, this is a full-ring table, just with one sitting out and other who just joined and hadn't posted yet.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

<u>Moldman (SB): $260.70</u>
BB: $99.60
<u>UTG: $250.60</u>
MP: $22.45
CO: $208.60
BTN: $239.80

Preflop: Moldman is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, MP calls $2.00, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">Moldman raises to $10.00</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $8.00, MP calls $8.00

Flop: ($32) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Moldman bets $24.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $48.00</font>, MP folds, Moldman calls $24.00

Turn: ($128) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Moldman ??

O0Brian0O 08-10-2007 11:35 AM

Re: NL200 - OOP with KK vs coldcaller

I think pocket 3s or 4s are in villians UTG limp range, and the flush got there on the turn. I guess you have a flush draw that might already be beat... I might call a tiny bet, but I probably check/fold.

wulfpacker21 08-10-2007 11:36 AM

i think you should have tried to take it down on the flop by 3 betting him A.I his range would have 33, 44, TT but theres only 3 hands that beat you know and AA would have called then raised PF ...

Mr_Donktastic 08-10-2007 11:42 AM

I would bet more preflop, like $14.

Flop minraise from an UTG limper is pretty scary, but I would call.

Turn idk...I guess check/fold or check/call depending on how much he bets (you have some more outs now).

Vs some players I would get the chips in but judging by his stats and flop play this guy prob flopped big.

Renton 08-10-2007 11:44 AM

12 or 14 preflop

c/c or c/rai turn depending on how you feel.

CazicT 08-10-2007 12:12 PM

Bet/fold sucks, Bet/call sucks more.

PUSH is reckless and is turning your hand into a semi-bluff. It might work though if this guy will fold a set. I don't really like option though, but it's interesting.

Check/call MIGHT be ok depending on the numbers (I believe a diamond wins for us if it doesn't pair the board)

Check/fold MIGHT be ok depending on the numbers

check/raise all-in probably isn't good. If he is betting this board, he probably considers himself committed and he will have a better hand most likely.

Renton 08-10-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold sucks, Bet/call sucks more.

PUSH is reckless and is turning your hand into a semi-bluff. It might work though if this guy will fold a set. I don't really like option though, but it's interesting.

Check/call MIGHT be ok depending on the numbers (I believe a diamond wins for us if it doesn't pair the board)

Check/fold MIGHT be ok depending on the numbers

check/raise all-in probably isn't good. If he is betting this board, he probably considers himself committed and he will have a better hand most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your thoughts are off.

Betting for value is an awesome play here vs many players, and not a terrible play vs an unknown. And you're probably gonna have to call a push.

C/c is always at least ok. C/r is always at least reasonably ok.

We have an awesome hand.

moldman 08-10-2007 12:22 PM

For those of you who are suggesting a check/call...

I checked turn, he bet 50. So, that leaves him $142 behind if I call. Assuming I check/call, what are the plans for the river if it's

a) a diamond?
b) a K?
c) anything else?

Mr_Donktastic 08-10-2007 12:24 PM

Yeah actually the more I think about it I don't think you should fold this hand ever.

The problem with 20/7/1.4 types is that you never know when they are playing AT or JJ like its the nuts here.

CazicT 08-10-2007 12:26 PM

Do you believe if we get all-in here we will be getting the best of it?

Because if you bet and he raises, we are pretty much getting all-in right?

And if we check/raise all-in we obv. are going to be all-in, though I guess there is a chance he could fold a set or something, but it seems like he'd be getting too good a price to fold.

The problem with betting for value is that we pretty much will be committing ourselves to the pot when we bet, so I don't like it.

I certainly could be wrong, but that's what i'm thinking.