Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   USPC Taj Main Event - Is Anyone Playing? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503688)

Todd Terry 09-18-2007 10:18 AM

USPC Taj Main Event - Is Anyone Playing?

This is a topic that was discussed in passing in a few other threads a while ago. The USPC ME, a $10K buy-in, starts on 10/2. Unlike in previous years, it is not being televised on ESPN. Additionally, it is directly up against the $5K buy-in Aruba event, which also starts on 10/2.

I've spoken to quite a few of the AC regulars, and everyone seems to be of the opinion that very few people are going to play in this tournament. This type of negative buzz tends to be self-fulfilling.

Is anyone planning on playing in this thing? (I live 2 hours away and am not going to Aruba, so I plan on showing up with $10K and making a game-time decision based on how many people are playing). Does anyone have an informed guess as to how many will be playing?

MaverickUSC 09-18-2007 02:30 PM

Re: USPC Taj Main Event - Is Anyone Playing?

[censored] no.

Alex Jacob 09-18-2007 02:46 PM

[censored] yes

stephenNUTS 09-18-2007 02:47 PM

Still deciding!
I would expect the M/E field to be no more than 100 due to the numerous recent tournies in Europe,WCOOP,this weeks Borgata,(players prob. taking a break/going back to Vegas)and most important ESPN dropping TV coverage IMO.

~sf

Alex Jacob 09-18-2007 02:48 PM

was that an edit from "i don't think so" to "still deciding"?

i'm swaying hearts and minds already

stephenNUTS 09-18-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I am DEF. not going!

LOL
~stephen [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

stephenNUTS 09-18-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was that an edit from "i don't think so" to "still deciding"?

i'm swaying hearts and minds already

[/ QUOTE ]

You are too GOOD AJ!
But being that you are going to DEFEND your title,I will be there to take another shot.

~stephen feraca

Todd Terry 10-01-2007 10:11 AM

This starts tomorrow. I'm trying to come up with the minimum number of players in the field that I would need in order to plunk down the $10K entry fee. Any theories?

Admo 10-01-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to come up with the minimum number of players in the field that I would need in order to plunk down the $10K entry fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two. Fields in AC are dough-boy soft.

edit: if it's just you and Alex, the +EV move is to flip for the title.

stephenNUTS 10-01-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This starts tomorrow. I'm trying to come up with the minimum number of players in the field that I would need in order to plunk down the $10K entry fee. Any theories?

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke with Marcia (poker tourney contact)this morning,and the TAJ feels even though no ESPN coverage this year, they are hoping for 200 or so runners

She said they have been running numerous Sat's throughout the past few weeks,and along with confirmed reservations should make this attainable.

I am 50/50 as to going and have no idea as to that estimate, but it does seem quite optimistic.I would be thrilled if its anywhere near that tho!

If I get there however and there 50 people signed up at 3:00 pm,I will pass ,and go over to the Boragata to play cash or something....or just drive home.

As far as a minimum,I would like to see at least two tables being paid.

So 150+ would be worth it IMO for a 10k event

~stephen feraca