Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   billyjex wants his account back (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554797)

Mat Sklansky 11-26-2007 03:49 PM

Re: billyjex wants his account back

[ QUOTE ]
posts of the offender are switched to anonymous, but not deleted?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have that option now. I'm sure vb does as well.

Right now I'm not interested in forgiving anyone. I say absolutely no to requests like these for awhile.

citanul 11-26-2007 03:50 PM

tuq,

while that is good, it would also be nice if there were a way to make it so that they are converted to anon or something so that 2p2 can retain the posts, but not have to attribute them to the author.

miajag 11-26-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I reluctantly agree that it looks like the days of forgiveness will have to be over.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Degen's getting another chance?

Mat Sklansky 11-26-2007 04:04 PM

hi degen,

as you know all of your accounts have been entirely deleted. we agreed not to discuss this until vb is implemented.

miajag 11-26-2007 04:30 PM

Mat,

Sorry. Nice talking to you on the phone last night.

-Bill

El Diablo 11-26-2007 04:46 PM

cit,

cit: "so that 2p2 can retain the posts, but not have to attribute them to the author."

2+2 T&C: "All other trademarks and copyrights appearing on the 2+2 website are owned by their respective companies. Copyrights to all posts on the 2+2 website are owned by the authors of the posts, and not by 2+2 or ConJelCo. If you want to reproduce a 2+2 website post in a publication or on another web site, please get permission from the author of the post.

You agree that upon posting any material within a forum on the 2+2 website you grant 2+2 and its successors and assigns, a non-exclusive worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, non-revocable license under your copyrights or other intellectual property rights, if any, in such material to distribute, display, and reproduce such material to other readers of that forum."

I guess, based on the second paragraph, that would OK. But to redistribute the content attributed to none/anon seems somewhat sleazy and not in line with the general attitude 2+2 takes regarding copyright/ownership related issues.

Gildwulf 11-26-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mat,

-Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

citanul 11-26-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mat,

-Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm assuming it's a joke, z

tuq 11-26-2007 05:16 PM

I'm gonna guess when mia made that joke (again) that he didn't think anyone would actually fall for it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jim Kuhn 11-26-2007 08:28 PM

I am in the 'too many chances already corner' on this one. I also think that rather than true remorse he is financially motivated to apologize. I think his true agenda lies in this statement:

[ QUOTE ]
I would just simply like for other posters to see my name more so when they look for a coach they will actually recognize the name.

[/ QUOTE ]

JMHO

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]