Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Grab Selvin Young ASAP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515880)

nutshot2 10-04-2007 10:17 PM

Re: Grab Selvin Young ASAP

ward went for $65, wynn for $55

no bye week issues

most free agents are going around $30-40 (the fairly desirable ones, anyway)

Josh. 10-04-2007 10:18 PM

i think you gotta do it. there won't be a player the rest of the season with the upside young has right now. if you don't grab him, someone else will. lock him up. even though there's some risk he won't be the starter, at least there's no question what he'd do if put in the starting role. that's a hell of a lot more valuable than someone like brian leonard, who might start several (or possibly even all) of their games but whose production is the big question mark

kyro 10-04-2007 10:22 PM

eff travis henry

4 High 10-04-2007 10:24 PM

Only got him in 3 leagues.

Had to drop Betts, Chester Taylor and Wynn in the 3 leagues to get him. Oh well, i think its for the best.

kyro 10-04-2007 10:30 PM

lol, in one of my leagues, i had picked up selvin young earlier tonight, because of henry's knee condition. I told my friend who has henry that he's basically screwed, and he told me that he just dropped maroney for washington. Don't have a great waiver wire position, but I've claimed him and could have Addai/Jacobs/Young/Thomas Jones/Maroney as my backs. Trade bait. mmmmm

4 High 10-04-2007 10:33 PM

How can anyone with a brain drop Maroney?

brianr 10-04-2007 10:34 PM

yeah i bid $17 for him this afternoon (we have a budget of 250 for the year) but the lazy commish didn't run the FAAB thing yet - i have bush /portis/ morris/ ward/ norwood and have been trying to get betts from the maroney / henry owner all week - if i landed young and henry's out i'll have a lot more than betts trade bait on my hands - should be an interesting weekend -

BillNye 10-04-2007 10:35 PM

I have the most stacked team I've ever seen for a 10 man league and Im going to lose.

RBS:
Steven Jackson (injured + huge bust so far)
Joseph Addai (injured)
Travis Henry (injured / done for year)

Randy plz carry my team until Addai + Jackson are healthy again!!!

kyro 10-04-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone with a brain drop Maroney?

[/ QUOTE ]

"He's killed me this year"

*shrug*

Well, I got Young in 3/4 leagues, and in both the leagues that I care even remotely about. Unfortunately, I had Henry in 2 of the leagues, including my money one, but if Young can put up similar numbers, it's no biggie.

I had to drop a guy I wanted to start Week 6, though because my team is so nasty.

dkgojackets 10-04-2007 10:41 PM

Just added Young. Don't really need him with four other RB but my opponent this week has Henry and I don't want him to get him.