Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Inappropriate Avatar? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372966)

FeliciaLee 04-05-2007 05:50 PM

Re: Inappropriate Avatar?

And what do you think about the Rempel one, AJF? Since PLO is your forum, too, after all.

Nice hijack guys! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

*TT* 04-05-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And what do you think about the Rempel one, AJF? Since this is your forum, too, after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll un-hijack by saying i don't know the situation, so I can't chime in. Sorry for the hijack Felecia!

FeliciaLee 04-05-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And what do you think about the Rempel one, AJF? Since this is your forum, too, after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll un-hijack by saying i don't know the situation, so I can't chime in. Sorry for the hijack Felecia!

[/ QUOTE ]
The situation is not relevant. The avatar shows a pic of Ribbo inside of a fake "Wanted: Serial Rapist" poster.

I was joking about the hijack. I accidentally do it all the time myself.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

iron81 04-05-2007 05:58 PM

I'm actually ok with the OP avatar. Everything I've seen around here is that mild trolling of other posters via avatars is acceptable. Remember tone's Lloyd avatar? It also helps that most users don't know what Ribbo looks like.

AJFenix 04-05-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And what do you think about the Rempel one, AJF? Since PLO is your forum, too, after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone was allowed an avatar with someone's pic with big letters saying "BABY RAPIST on the top and bottom", that has been their avatar for a long time and I have yet to hear it mentioned. Not allowing the word "RAPIST" in avatars would probably be a smart call.

FeliciaLee 04-05-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually ok with the OP avatar. Everything I've seen around here is that mild trolling of other posters via avatars is acceptable. Remember tone's Lloyd avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, please link it?

The main reason I'm concerned is because of defamation of character (please note I'm not a lawyer and went to public school, so I'm probably going to show my ignorance here).

I would think that if someone can prove we were allowing their name/image to be libeled, 2+2 could be held responsible?

jman220 04-05-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We are supporting propaganda by not banning the avatar? How are we doing that? Are people going to be swayed to that side of the spectrum by this picture? Is it providing some kind of compelling argument for that train of thought? FAR from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are letting Prussian Blue get free exposure, its naive to not see that - its far easier to close your eyes and ignore it than to fight it head on. Their parents are brilliant marketers, they realize that by creating cute images of two young white supremacists they are single handedly reshaping the "movement" to include clean cut Americans for the first time since the middle of the century. And by allowing Ed or anyone else to use their daughters as an avatar they are getting all the free advertising they want to expose their philosophy on race.

I am all for free speech, but if Ed wants to express support for Prussian Blue then he should do it on his own website, not 2+2 - which is owned by people of Jewish decent - ironic isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with TT.

FeliciaLee 04-05-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone was allowed an avatar with someone's pic with big letters saying "BABY RAPIST on the top and bottom", that has been their avatar for a long time and I have yet to hear it mentioned. Not allowing the word "RAPIST" in avatars would probably be a smart call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Was the pic of another poster? Or someone in the media, or someone completely anonymous?

AJFenix 04-05-2007 06:04 PM

To someone that has no idea about prussian blue, how would they even know that thats who is in this picture? How would they know its more than two girls and a hitleresque snowman? They wouldn't. I fail to see how it is advertising for them and spreading their name if only the people who already know about them recognize and see it for what it is.

Nick B. 04-05-2007 06:05 PM

"i am support free speech, as long as it doesn't offend jews."

This is really such a joke.