Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

octopi 09-30-2006 11:05 AM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Has anyone ever done commercials while in Bangkok? I know there are a few companies that use farang and non farang; just wondering what I should watch out for if I send in a headshot and get picked.

beats 09-30-2006 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever done commercials while in Bangkok? I know there are a few companies that use farang and non farang; just wondering what I should watch out for if I send in a headshot and get picked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done 6 commercials in Bangkok. I am half Japanese/American though so I fit into the half-asian "look" that is popular in some advertisements. In the last year and a half I did TV commercials for Honda, True, Sony, Mama Noodles, Swensens, and Thairung (Thai Izuzu). I had an agent that handled both Thai and Farang model/actors, but mostly Thai girls. It was funny seeing myself on TV eating noodles! Interestingly enough, my "girlfriend" in the noodle commercial was a model from the czech republic.

If you get picked for a commercial, you will probably go to a "fitting" to take some pics and try on wardrobe and make up the day before. If you get an agent, he/she will call you when casting auditions are open and you can go to various studios and do your thing. I never spoke any thai. Payment usually takes about 1-2 months though. TV Commercials for me were about 50,000 baht/day 80-100k if they do print ads too. The agency will take 25-35%.

TimM 09-30-2006 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A good [censored] breakfast. Don't get me wrong, you can get scambled eggs and toast everyday, but I want a goddamn sasuage biscuit or gravy biscuits or a bagel with cream cheese that doesn't taste like ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you know how to cook, can you get your western meals that way?

farang0 09-30-2006 11:36 AM

Damn thats pretty good money if you can get a few gigs a month.

I wisH i was in the mama soup comercial.

farang0 09-30-2006 11:37 AM

well obviously if you can cook you can make whatever the [censored] you want

farang0 09-30-2006 11:38 AM

Comon guys, this thread should be at 50 pages by now. Ask some questions.

TimM 09-30-2006 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well obviously if you can cook you can make whatever the [censored] you want

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you can't get good ingredients.

farang0 09-30-2006 11:45 AM

YOu can buy almost anything.

Especially in bkk, there are food stores that import everything you have back home.

Uston 09-30-2006 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comon guys, this thread should be at 50 pages by now. Ask some questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever had a medical condition serious enough to warrant a hospital stay? Do you have health insurance? If so, how much do you pay?

farang0 09-30-2006 12:05 PM

No I have not had a medical issue. I also dont have insurace. Im will be getting some kind of coverage over the next few months though,

THe hospitals are pretty good here so I dont worry.