Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Playing JJ in Mid position (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390737)

bsnone 04-28-2007 07:15 PM

Playing JJ in Mid position

8/16 Kill - kill hand (playing 16/32) Game is playing loose passive, usually 5-6 player to a flop, very little raising especially from the other players in this hand.

UTG who is a tight player raises UTG +1 calls (2nd or 3rd hand at table, never played with him before), mid position bad player calls, hero has two red jacks. Raise or smooth call?

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG Bets both players call, hero w/ JJ?

I'll write out more of the hand after some responses. -Thanks,

ChuckyB 04-28-2007 07:47 PM

Re: Playing JJ in Mid position

Raise. Limit it as much as you can. Tight UTG 4-bet would be quite telling (I assume).

Raise the flop. You have a big overpair and no conclusive evidence that you're beaten.

Allday Everyday 04-28-2007 08:14 PM

I think you should 3-bet the preflop.

I think you should raise the flop.

bsnone 04-28-2007 08:22 PM

So I just called the bet pre flop. Raised the flop (this seems like a really easy raise to me), was 3 bet by UTG, all folded to me I called. Turn was 9 of clubs. UTG Checked, I bet, called. River Ace hearts, utg check, I bet, utg calls shows TT, I rake a decent sized pot.

I was really unshure about raising preflop, hinesite is always 20/20 but I really didnt have him on TT. I think I lucked out.

slavic 04-28-2007 08:43 PM

Who is the Kill blind in this hand? Also what is your position? Depending on those things you might be able to convince me to smooth call, but I'm having a hard time otherwise.

bsnone 04-28-2007 08:52 PM

I am 3 off the button, the kill blind is a tight regular in the SB. I remember saying to myself that I need to 3 bet but ended placing 16 chips across the line and treating the hand like a middle pair. Live and learn.

Bob T. 04-28-2007 11:28 PM

I think I raise preflop, and then try and get a hold on where I'm at.

Arbitrage 04-29-2007 01:29 AM

Easy raise pf here.

As played, raise flop.

Good turn bet. Better river bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PENTE 04-29-2007 03:21 PM

Two Jacks have much more value if it is played against fewer opponents. So I would reraise preflop to drive out players behind me and the blinds. If there is a cap preflop you can be sure that your opponent holds a premium hand.
Due to the fact that you did not reraise preflop you have a lack of information. After the Flop I would call the 3-bet and I would put your opponent on an overpair, AK or AQ. If he has an overpair you are far behind, if he has an Aceand overcards he has a draw. Despite the draw I would check-call the hand down, because you do not what overpair he has.
If you 3 bet preflop and your opponant caps, your decisions are much easier to make.

I'm looking forward to your response

steakhouse 04-29-2007 04:17 PM

Wow that riverbet was very, very thin. If villain really is a tight player the only hand you beat is TT. I would definitely check the river. Were you going to fold to a river raise?

Pf 3-bet and flop raise are trivial due to reasons stated above.