Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Anyone use Zecco? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501328)

Go Blue 09-14-2007 09:30 PM

Anyone use Zecco?

Hello,

Although I've found a few posts on Zecco in this forum, I'd like to ask if anyone uses (or has used) this site to trade. And if so, what feedback could you provide?

I heard that a concern for a site that chrages low or no commission might be execution time, but I'm not looking to day trade, only trade options and stocks short-term, so I figured this wouldn't matter.

I would appreciate any feedback that I could receive regarding this site.

Thank you...

pologuy64 09-14-2007 10:02 PM

Re: Anyone use Zecco?

I currently use Zecco to trade stocks. I am no big time trader or anything. Zecco has been complaint free for. Trades are excuted just as fast as my Charles Schwab account. The only differences is, its FREE. I would Recommend using Zecco.

thirteen 09-14-2007 10:47 PM

I just filled out an application this afternoon. How many business days does it typically take them to activate the account so that I can fund it with an echeck?

Go Blue 09-14-2007 11:39 PM

That's good to know. I see that they have no phone number for help but I guess that's what's expected from a free site. Small price to pay though. Fees add up, just like rake in poker does.

Paragon 09-15-2007 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just filled out an application this afternoon. How many business days does it typically take them to activate the account so that I can fund it with an echeck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Took awhile for me... Maybe 3+ weeks from when I completed the online application? They had to send me the application via snail mail to get my actual signature and I had to mail it back. Their email responses were pretty slow and it took awhile before I was officially signed up and ready to fund the account. Hopefully that's not typical though.

matt holland 09-15-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They had to send me the application via snail mail to get my actual signature and I had to mail it back. Their email responses were pretty slow and it took awhile before I was officially signed up and ready to fund the account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they changed this policy due to complaints.

I opened a zecco account about 6 months ago and purchased 10 ETFs. No complaints so far.

spino1i 09-15-2007 02:55 PM

I use Zecco and love the free trades. Its definitely worth it to switch to them.

kyleb 09-15-2007 10:38 PM

I signed up online without snail mail work, but I do need to send them an account transfer form to move my money over from Firstrade.