Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Write a Brief Dissenting Opinion About a Popular Title Thread. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541970)

dibbs 11-09-2007 06:42 AM

Write a Brief Dissenting Opinion About a Popular Title Thread.

Sometimes you just feel like ranting, even though you know pretty much everyone disagrees with you.

I create this thread as the home for the minority opinion for popular titles. I'll start because I feel the need to rant.

I've tried, for two weeks, God I've tried. Orange Box. Disgustingly dated graphics that remind me of a day in PC gaming I'm glad we're far past, a terribly gay story line that somehow finds a way to take itself seriously. Decent level design with lame weapons, and a prime example of terrible writing and to a lesser extent voice acting in a well funded videogame. I haven't messed with Team Fortress FWIW, but this is the kind of game that when reading the IGN review I finally question all the secret handshake rumors, if I actually paid for this game I would be so SO pissed.

Yea, so, what you guys got? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

blackize 11-09-2007 07:04 AM

Re: Write a Brief Dissenting Opinion About a Popular Title Thread.

I hate GTA games.

The stories are bad. The games are glitch ridden. The gameplay is practically broken. Sure you can do anything, but you can't do anything well. The driving mechanics are terrible, the shooting controls are bad, and flight is downright awful.

goofyballer 11-09-2007 07:24 AM

BIOSHOCK REALLY WASN'T THAT GREAT

dibbs 11-09-2007 07:34 AM

Really good read Goofy, I remember the first thing I thought when playing Bioshock was "CONDEMNED WTF". I loved the game though, Im just waiting to forget it so I can play it again, I never played SS2 FWIW.

Low Key 11-09-2007 07:35 AM

Though I'm heavily addicted to it at the moment, I must say that World of Warcraft is complete bollocks! Someone once wrote up a stunning essay on how Street Fighter was a fundamentally better game, but I don't have the patience nor the blood alcohol level to find it atm. Suffice it to say, any game that rewards a player merely for time spent sitting in a chair versus actual skill is [censored] in my eyes.

However, as I mentioned, currently addicted to said game. (Though a private server, so I'm not really feeding the beast)

scotchnrocks 11-09-2007 10:58 AM

The online multiplayer of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat is the best available on the xbox 360 (maybe not better than COD4 because I haven't played that yet, but it probably is). This game got cheated in its reviews (7/10's) because of its ridiculously hard arcade style campaign with no difficulty options. Now it seems that a good online multiplayer feature works as a pass of sorts for a shady single player game. If it were released today it would be a 8.5-9.5 game based on multiplayer alone.

AceLuby 11-09-2007 11:25 AM

I know I'm a big minority here, but Guitar Hero. I played it once, thought it was cool, spent $70 on the game and controller, beat it on medium, switched to hard and realized the time I was spending time learning the songs I could be spending learning the real songs on real guitar. I was so pissed when I realized this and started playing my guitar more and got substantially better. Now I don't like the game at all and kind of loathe playing it.

TheCroShow 11-09-2007 11:40 AM

this should be titled the d-bag thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Number27 11-09-2007 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone once wrote up a stunning essay on how Street Fighter was a fundamentally better game, but I don't have the patience nor the blood alcohol level to find it atm.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20...irlin_01.shtml

Nicholasp27 11-09-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm a big minority here, but Guitar Hero. I played it once, thought it was cool, spent $70 on the game and controller, beat it on medium, switched to hard and realized the time I was spending time learning the songs I could be spending learning the real songs on real guitar. I was so pissed when I realized this and started playing my guitar more and got substantially better. Now I don't like the game at all and kind of loathe playing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've played guitar for 16 years and i don't care for the whole 'real guitar' argument...they are completely different experiences...u may as well say "the time i spent on assassin's creed i could have spent learning chinese"