Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551418)

PokerBob 11-21-2007 12:57 PM

spot

a friend played this hand online in a 10-handed game.
All he is seen from SB is that he once raised AK, made a pair, and bet every street. He is tight.

BB is unknown.

Hero raises QQ utg, SB 3bets, BB calls, hero caps, both call.

flop: 678r
sb bets, bb calls, hero raises, sb 3bets, bb coldcalls, her calls.

turn:5
sb check, bb checks, hero....?

mike l. 11-21-2007 01:01 PM

Re: spot

hero should bet the turn and decide these are the last chips he's putting in the pot unless he makes a set on the river and it's checked to him. it's close though because the chances bb held on on the flop to make a straight or that sb has a bigger overpair are high. betting's a little better than checking because letting players he has beat draw for free to open-ender on the board for a chop is -EV, also hero can fold easily to a turn c/r and expect to be drawing dead to miracle chop.

that_pope 11-21-2007 01:32 PM

I don't like this spot. I might lean toward checking and seeing what happens. SB seems tight from your description, and this isn't 6 max where an UTG raise doesn't mean a top 5-10 hand, and the SB would continue with any overpair. I think we are behind way too often here, and SB is checking because he is fearful of BB and the 4 to a straight, not because of our hand...

hoppscot22 11-21-2007 01:42 PM

i think mike is right on with everything that he said

private joker 11-21-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think mike is right on with everything that he said

[/ QUOTE ]

surfdoc 11-21-2007 03:01 PM

Pretty sure I hate the flop raise. Everything else is as per mike's post.

PokerBob 11-21-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a friend played this hand online in a 10-handed game.
All he is seen from SB is that he once raised AK, made a pair, and bet every street. He is tight.

BB is unknown.

Hero raises QQ utg, SB 3bets, BB calls, hero caps, both call.

flop: 678r
sb bets, bb calls, hero raises, sb 3bets, bb coldcalls, her calls.

turn:5
sb check, bb checks, hero....?

[/ QUOTE ]

it should read "all he HAS seen from SB....". I am dumb.

mongidig 11-21-2007 05:48 PM

well, best case scenario would be BB has overcards or a pair below QQ. Sb almost always has QQ beat here. The question is would he fold to a bet on the turn? That would be the only reason I would bet.

If you guys were the SB and held KK or AA would you fold to a turn bet? Would you have bet the turn in the first place?

surfdoc 11-21-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, best case scenario would be BB has overcards or a pair below QQ. Sb almost always has QQ beat here. The question is would he fold to a bet on the turn? That would be the only reason I would bet.

If you guys were the SB and held KK or AA would you fold to a turn bet? Would you have bet the turn in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is folding AA or KK against an UTG raise on this board. Don't be ridiculous. His range includes very few hands that have sets or straights. Recall, UTG raised pre and capped a SB 3 bet.

mongidig 11-21-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is folding AA or KK against an UTG raise on this board. Don't be ridiculous. His range includes very few hands that have sets or straights. Recall, UTG raised pre and capped a SB 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK! recall, everybody at this table is pretty unknown to each other, I know plenty of players who would cap UTG with hands that make a straight here and YES I have seen people fold there Big pairs to a bet here face up.

Stop analyzing hands as if everybody plays the way they should. Don't be ridiculous.