Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Raise for value/call to keep players in? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498959)

dr_subs 09-11-2007 08:40 PM

Raise for value/call to keep players in?

4/8 in moderately tight, moderately aggressive table. As far as I could tell, although I hadn't seen much. Both Villains seem tight.

Hero in SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

All fold to button, who calls. Hero raises, BB, button call (6 SB).

Flop comes: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, BB calls, button raises?!?... Hero calls, BB calls (12 SB).

Turn comes: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, BB calls, button raises. Hero calls, BB calls (12 BB).

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, all call.

Should I have been re-raising flop and turn? I thought I would have knocked out BB, and based on pre-flop, didn't fear a AA or KK for either of them.

BigBadBabar 09-11-2007 08:49 PM

Re: Raise for value/call to keep players in?

*cries*

shane88888 09-11-2007 08:52 PM

Why didn't you re-raise the turn?

Niediam 09-11-2007 08:57 PM

It's probably a good idea for you to just bet/raise your strong hands until you get experienced enough to know when you should get tricky (which isn't very often btw).

Preflop: good

Flop: Jam it.

Turn: As played leading is probably ok as we don't know if button was raising for a free card or for value. Easy 3bet though. Even if villian has 96 or 64 (the only two hands that beat you and they are unlikely fairly unlikely holdings) we have a ton of outs.

River: As played, I think I'd go for the chckraise here. It's probably closer than a lot of people will initially think though.

RatFink 09-11-2007 10:23 PM

In these situations imagine you are up against 88 or 55, and they are willing to give you practically unlimited action.

Evaluate the lines you took and see how much money you leave on the table for the benefit of keeping the BB in.

Man of Means 09-11-2007 11:32 PM

I'd rather take the line of 3bet flop - button may be aggressive enough to cap it - and just keep betting.

3bet turn, no one has a straight (yet)

Niediam,
Not sure why checkraising the river would be the play - we expect BB to check and button to bet and our raise blows away BB unless he has trip 7's or better... whereas when hero bets they may do the call, raise thing again

Lethe 09-11-2007 11:49 PM

Fastplaying is the new slowplaying. For the love of God 3bet the flop.

And if you're going to get tricky and pull a stop and go, then for the love of God 3bet the turn!!

Niediam 09-12-2007 02:53 AM

I was thinking that the BB will often be folding the river to one bet. His play so far really looks like a draw... even though there isn't a ton of hands out there that he could have.