Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

starkwired 11-12-2007 07:25 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

wow I suck at poker, am now down for the last two months since I started playing cash games after being up a ton...and I think I've only gotten better as a player...really scary

derosnec 11-12-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow I suck at poker, am now down for the last two months since I started playing cash games after being up a ton...and I think I've only gotten better as a player...really scary

[/ QUOTE ]

try open shoving the turn more.

Mr_Pathetic 11-12-2007 07:32 PM

heh or you can double barrel/triple barrel a ton with made hands and bluffs and get caught doing it. then you can not worry bout pot controlling turn lol. normally in like the first fifteen hands i get caught with my hands in the cookie jar then it is value town from then on but sometimes i been known to just straight call down with TPTK as evidenced by a hand I posted here.

it really depends on so much though. some situations i bet a ton and then some situations i just call it down. i don't fold much though, probably my weakest link right now. i think i fold to cbets like 50% of the time or something.

aejones said he calls down a lot with ace high in the well when ppl start talking bout his went2SD and won@SD which were like 25/55. i datamined some of the bigger games for the hell of it awhile back and most of them guys are like 2.75-3.5 on each street. but those are mucho different games with mucho different players. i think it all boils down to style though. some ppl use trappy passive aggression, some use brute force.

thing85 11-12-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This same thing happened to me in September. I hit a 24 BI downswing that was REALLY sick and I started doubting my abilities as a poker player while at the same time felt like I was playing some of my best poker.

My advice: Take a break. A few days, a week, whatever feels right. You need to get out of your current mentality so that you can start playing again with a "clean slate."

If you play 6-9 tables, focus on 3-5. Break down each hand, talk to yourself (like "I'm raising on the button with T8o because both blinds are very tight and don't seem to 3bet at all.") When you talk through your actions, you'll be surprised at how much better you play.

If you usually play a LAG style, tighten up for a little while and play nitty 15/13.

Also, make sure you're considering a decent sample size. If your last 2 months consist of 10-20k hands, don't worry about it. In a 40k month, I often have 10-20k hand runs of losing poker.

starkwired 11-12-2007 07:40 PM

thanks for the advice.

unfortunately it's like 50k+ hands

kolotoure 11-12-2007 07:41 PM

I might be moving to Thailand. holla

ama0330 11-12-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try open shoving the turn more.

[/ QUOTE ]

unexploitable.

SkeetyMcdoogle 11-12-2007 07:53 PM

Guys, explain something to me about "beating the rake"

Why do I care if I lose 2k in rake as long as I make 1.5k. I realize its money I could of had but I dont understand the whole beating the rake argument

derosnec 11-12-2007 07:54 PM

who cares as long as you're making money (not that i would know what that's like anymore)

doppelganger 11-12-2007 08:07 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUN?? TILTING OFF 6 BUYINS AT NL25 IN 500 HANDS WHEN YOU'RE NOT EVEN ROLLED FOR IT YET.

GOOD [censored] TIMES!!!