Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   possibly interesting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556466)

nazahl 11-28-2007 02:38 PM

possibly interesting

villain is a kinda mehhh TAG from what Ive seen. no stats at the time but definitely overdefends his blinds vs. steals as hes turning up with like KTo vs a solid CO open.

he's been sitting on my right for a few orbits but havent really gotten into much with him, seems alright. kinda just avoiding each other for the most part and stacking fish.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $50.55
BTN: $197
SB: $110.15
BB: $404.65
Hero (UTG): $320.40
MP: $267.50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $6

Flop: ($17) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $34</font>, Hero calls $20

Turn: ($85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $66</font>, Hero calls $66

thoughts on just calling the flop as opposed to 3betting? we're semi-deep, so not sure how much that effects things. I thought the flop was standard, but my friend wants to 3bet so thought I'd post it for discussion. turn call is kinda close right? getting like 2.5 to 1, I need to make another hundo or so on the river if I hit my flush which I think is likely even though my hand is kinda face up.

dersl 11-28-2007 02:51 PM

Re: possibly interesting

You did notice that you also made TP on the turn, didn't you? So with that read, the option would not be folding but pushing imo..

RocktheCasbah 11-28-2007 03:06 PM

either CRAI or shove this turn. TPTK + NFD what more could you want?

Suigin406 11-28-2007 03:07 PM

shove turn

edit: dumb, didn't see stacks

what are we doing on a blank river??

Noam Chomsky 11-28-2007 03:14 PM

wow shoving the turn sucks here. I also don't really love a flop three bet.

Nick Royale 11-28-2007 03:15 PM

You've played this perfect. Shoving the turn is terrible given stacks imo. What's the river?

nazahl 11-28-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've played this perfect. Shoving the turn is terrible given stacks imo. What's the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, to you guys that wanna shove the turn... what worse hand is calling?

fwiw, I totally tanked on the river cause I had a couple of tough decisions on multiple tables and literally used all but 2 secs on a 30 second time bank before calling. my plan originally was to call turn/fold a blank river. possibly calling if its a Queen or an Ace depending, but of course it blanks.

now heres the weird part. before acting on the river, villain times down the 15 seconds... then requests time... and then uses up like 8 secs of his time bank before shoving.

River: ($217) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $296.65 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls?

Suigin406 11-28-2007 03:28 PM

he's shown a lot of strength in this hand, is he really shoving river with AJ or missed diamonds??

Casper05 11-28-2007 03:32 PM

fold river, nh...shoving turn is really bad

come on people look at the action

Nick Royale 11-28-2007 03:33 PM

It's time to fold now. He won't push worse for value, there's not too many FDs possible with Ad/Qd/Jd accounted for and I can't see him turning a made hand like AJ into a bluff. There's a distant possibility of 76s, but generally I don't think a player like this is capable of making such a big bluff with a busted draw and there's pretty few draws possible.

Now the timing tell on the river is sketchy, don't know if he doubts his 44 or QJ is good, if it's reversed tell or he's trying to figure out what to bet to get paid off, but I don't think him tanking for a long while will make it more likely to be a bluff. More likely it's a push from a made hand he think is marginal (but likely better than yours).