Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Possible to flip for a temp ban? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557834)

john voight 11-30-2007 07:34 AM

Possible to flip for a temp ban?

I'd like to flip someone (preferably a BB4ler) via a poll in BBV4L for maybe a 5 day ban. This is how ppl in BBV4L roll, so maybe some of you serious guys cant comprehend this.

Any mods can set this up?

Or is this too crazy?

diebitter 11-30-2007 08:00 AM

Re: Possible to flip for a temp ban?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to flip someone (preferably a BB4ler) via a poll in BBV4L for maybe a 5 day ban. This is how ppl in BBV4L roll, so maybe some of you serious guys cant comprehend this.

Or is this too crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids said No to this when I proposed it under the title 'Thunderdome', so not likely. He might make an exception for you, though.

jman220 11-30-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Or is this too crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're about to switch to vbulletin and bans work a lot different there.

Spechel EDD 11-30-2007 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Or is this too crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain baby, dont leave me hanging like that

Troll_Inc 11-30-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Or is this too crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain baby, dont leave me hanging like that

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime you get banned someone hacks off part of a finger or thumb. They keep it on ice, so when you get unbanned, they give it back.

Annorax 11-30-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Or is this too crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on whether you guys set the subforum mods as super moderators, they could work pretty much the same way they do on ubb.threads.

vBulletin also makes exile from OOT and/or BBV4L relatively easy... if you have a Registered Users Who Are Exiled usergroup set up and flagged as a Banned group, any super moderator or admin will be able to exile a user in about five mouse clicks.

Suigin406 11-30-2007 08:24 PM

flips are good-natured fun and a hudge like of bbvers, we're not talking about perma exile, just temp stuff, titles, etc, fun stuff...

doubt admins/mods will budge on this tho...

T-God 11-30-2007 08:26 PM

I'll flip someone for 500 on party. Loser accepts 5 day ban too if a mod accepts.

Annorax 11-30-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flips are good-natured fun and a hudge like of bbvers, we're not talking about perma exile, just temp stuff, titles, etc, fun stuff...

doubt admins/mods will budge on this tho...

[/ QUOTE ]

If they flag the exile group as a Banned group, mods will be able to "temporarily ban" users into Exile and have the system automatically unexile them when the exile expires. It's probably far easier to implement on vBulletin than it would ever be on ubb.

Troll_Inc 11-30-2007 08:37 PM

Why don't you tards just bet like real men.

Flip or whatever nonsense you are going to do, then the loser just doesn't post for 5 days or whatever.

How would you do it if you were going to be $100? Would you make mods carry that out?

What's wrong with you children, you need some [censored] babysitters or something?