Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   How do I play this 52o? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=14178)

tessarji 01-17-2006 04:22 PM

How do I play this 52o?

Why do these hands always happen to me? This isn't a bad beat post, I want to know if good players lay this down.

Hero has 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB

Reads: SB just sat down 1 hand ago. MP1 is a fish, other players seem solid/good.

MP1 limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, SB completes, I check.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, I raise, MP1 calls, MP2 3 bets, CO folds, SB 4bets (cap), I call, all call.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, SB folds.
Pot: 16 BB

I feel I'm obviously beat. But, I have been wrong before. Throw it away or pay off a likely 2BB?

Moneyline 01-17-2006 04:29 PM

Re: How do I play this 52o?

MP2 could easily have top two. The pot's big enough to call down and I don't think it's close.

Just my opinion...

danzasmack 01-17-2006 04:47 PM

OP,

call down. You have a straight. Everybody loses another bet on the river here if you're beat.

JAA 01-17-2006 04:52 PM

As much as you think you're beat and yearn to make a super laydown, you can't fold here. Sorry.

- Jags

goofball 01-17-2006 05:16 PM

Don't fold. Big pot, big hand, call down.

ihardlyknowher 01-17-2006 06:26 PM

I would just call the flop. The pot is small. The board is rainbow. Keep everyone in.

Dan BRIGHT 01-17-2006 06:53 PM

fastplaying vunerable (small) straights since your subject to draws to larger straights can be good often, depending on your opponents hand ranges

poker1O1 01-17-2006 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed, but am I the only one that likes smooth calling the flop?

DrewOnTilt 01-18-2006 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed, but am I the only one that likes smooth calling the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a vulnerable straight, plus there's an ace on the board. I'm likely to fastplay this hand, especially in games where people play any ace.

Smoothcalling isn't horrible, though, depending on the table conditions.

tessarji 01-18-2006 05:48 AM

I like to fastplay when I hit the nuts on a board with an ace. I'm a young player and I'm inevitably put on a big ace, for whatever reason.

This being Commerce, action is usually not a problem.

Apparently I am a fool. I folded, for really no better reason than the raiser had 'that look' in his eye. Then I got to stew for the next three hours about whether I threw in $600.

I feel a contributing factor to my decision was that the MP2 player did after all raise with the SB capper behind him, which would seem still pretty gutsy with A4.

The other player in the hand folded and the raiser did not show his cards.