Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Your Biggest Wastes of Time . . . (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553298)

Gobias Ind. 11-24-2007 02:46 AM

Your Biggest Wastes of Time . . .

-Not necessarily the things you waste the most time on
-And not necessarily "guilty pleasures" (i.e. jerking off)

These are the things that when done doing, you completely and utterly regret. You take little to no pleasure out of, yet for some reason, you'll do these activities again.

Mine is lurking through Myspace profiles/pictures. I click on one person's friend, then another . . before I know it, an hour of my life is gone and completely wasted. And yet a month later, I rinse and repeat.

Golden_Rhino 11-24-2007 02:47 AM

Re: Your Biggest Wastes of Time . . .

2+2. This place is a huge time leak, and after I log off I ask myself if I could have been more productive with my time.

Kimbell175113 11-24-2007 02:50 AM

I spend way too much time eating and/or thinking about what I'm going to eat or just ate or almost ate, which is weird because I'm not fat and I don't really even care about the quality (nutritional or culinary or whatever) of my food.

ConstantineX 11-24-2007 03:07 AM

Reading archived blog posts.

whiskeytown 11-24-2007 03:17 AM

browsing profiles at online dating sites -

RB

edfurlong 11-24-2007 03:23 AM

I probably spend at least an hour a week showering, wiping, brushing my teeth, etc.

ArcticKnight 11-24-2007 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2. This place is a huge time leak, and after I log off I ask myself if I could have been more productive with my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I saved a few seconds copying the quote versus retyping

ncboiler 11-24-2007 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

These are the things that when done doing, you completely and utterly regret. You take little to no pleasure out of, yet for some reason, you'll do these activities again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] my mom.

Paul B. 11-24-2007 05:22 AM

YOUTUBE

ItalianFX 11-24-2007 05:25 AM

I'd say the total amount of time that I spend on the internet. If I wouldn't be interested in checking so many things, I could probably be out doing something more productive like going to the gym or finding something else to do.

I'll often get on my computer and continue to feel lazy as I don't want to get up and do something and before I know it, the day is gone and I don't feel like doing anything else.

kipin 11-24-2007 05:35 AM

This site.

soko 11-24-2007 06:13 AM

I always feel guilty after spending an hour on BBV. I'll pull myself away from the computer and do something productive, Then I'll tell myself I'm going to check my e-mail and 2 minutes later I'm like "Well I'm already sitting at the computer, might as well see if there is anything interesting posted in BBV" I do this at least 3 or 4 times a day.

tvent37 11-24-2007 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably spend at least an hour a week showering, wiping, brushing my teeth, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously defecate in shower, brush teeth while stomping remnenants down drain.

DontRaiseMeBro 11-24-2007 06:41 AM

college

Low Key 11-24-2007 06:46 AM

Warcraft.. I have 13 level 70s on a private server. Half of em have maxed out alchemy, the rest have maxed out.. everything else. The XP and stuff goes up a lot, so that's how I can level things so quickly (xp is x60)

Also myspace and, to a lesser extent, amazon.com. Great for finding music, but also great for killing time.

kassdog 11-24-2007 08:12 AM

How could someone regret youtube. I probably spend about 4-5 hours a week on you tube and know aobut pretty much the best videos. As far as wasting time. I would have to say driving around. On average i go on a drive about 2-4 times a week and each of those drives last about 5-6 hours. Such a waste of time and money.

PokerIMO 11-24-2007 08:41 AM

Browsing BBV, NVG, OOT, BBV4Life

ZeTurd 11-24-2007 09:45 AM

Obviously 2+2, but I think that goes without saying. Another one is Wikipedia. I'll start out reading an article about, say, the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and 8 clicks and an hour later, I'm reading about a cannibalistic tribe of leopard men waylaying travelers with sharp claw-like weapons in the form of leopards' claws and teeth, wondering where the hell the last hour went.

(Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki --> Potsdam Declaration --> Winston Churchill --> Second Boer War --> South Africa --> Kruger National Park --> Leopards --> Leopard Society)

Q8offsuit 11-24-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously 2+2, but I think that goes without saying. Another one is Wikipedia. I'll start out reading an article about, say, the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and 8 clicks and an hour later, I'm reading about a cannibalistic tribe of leopard men waylaying travelers with sharp claw-like weapons in the form of leopards' claws and teeth, wondering where the hell the last hour went.

(Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki --> Potsdam Declaration --> Winston Churchill --> Second Boer War --> South Africa --> Kruger National Park --> Leopards --> Leopard Society)

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning things is definitely not a waste of time...

mbillie1 11-24-2007 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

punkass 11-24-2007 10:49 AM

that desktop TD link from links/laughs a couple months ago.

that thing was a time waster

oddjob 11-24-2007 10:55 AM

drowning hookers

tomdemaine 11-24-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
drowning hookers

[/ QUOTE ]

They ain't gonna drown themselves.

Jay Riall 11-24-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that stuff may just be random trivia - but at least it is interesting and you are learning. 2+2 is a huge timewaste for me (ldo)

HERE_2_gamble_ 11-24-2007 01:28 PM

sleep, by far i think

React1oN 11-24-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2+2. This place is a huge time leak, and after I log off I still think certain things I read were hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

orange 11-24-2007 02:09 PM

2+2 not close for me.

Jay Riall 11-24-2007 02:14 PM

This is a pretty close second recently. http://www.nfl.com/videos

IggyWH 11-24-2007 02:23 PM

This for me is easily women. Even when you get them, you look back at all the time and effort you put into it and think was it really worth it? Usually, it isn't.

evagaba 11-26-2007 12:37 PM

Getting drunk. I always want to do it and then the next day I always wonder why (hungover or not).

Its non-productive, tons of calories and you can't play poker while doing it...among other things.

imsobroke 11-26-2007 01:39 PM

workin for the man

Shizzle12345 11-26-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
drowning hookers

[/ QUOTE ]

They ain't gonna drown themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
you had me laughing for 30 seconds there untill i realized it wasnt funny.

XXXNoahXXX 11-26-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But I saved a few seconds copying the quote versus retyping

[/ QUOTE ]

who would ever retype the quote??

quirkasaurus 11-26-2007 02:47 PM

playing break-even poker.

Holybull 11-26-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
college

[/ QUOTE ]

Suigin406 11-26-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HonestRyan 11-27-2007 07:52 AM

2p2 and Team fortress 2. i spend minimum an hour on each every day.

Low Key 11-27-2007 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how Amazon gets me.. Those recomendations keep me going back and forth for hours, until I have a huge list of things to ... acquire. Legally.

Now that my fave torrent site is down, thank you CRIA, I seem to be having trouble finding stuff to dl.. What's a boy to do?

RustedCorpse 11-27-2007 08:52 AM

World of Warcraft before I went cold turkey.

After that I would say scouring newsgroups for specific songs.

MrMetropolitan 11-27-2007 01:25 PM

This was a few years ago but still very applicable as per OP definition of a waste of time...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ing/lauren.jpg