Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Critique my rant please (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487010)

cantbeatluck 08-26-2007 09:47 PM

Critique my rant please

To be pushing 30 and having nothing but regrets

What does it mean to be pushing 30 and slowly you start to realize your life is full of regrets and half measures? It seems no matter how hard I try, I cannot find happiness. I hate my job, my friends all suck, and my family is a constant series of let downs and regrets. The problem lies in that I am intelligent enough to know that if everyone feels one way and you feel another then it is plausible that it is me not them. The question still remains however as to what I can do at this point to want to wake up in the morning. Perhaps we all spend our lives in quiet misery and just wear masks of happiness for others.

Granted only the pursuit of happiness is guaranteed, but my god could I just receive a glimmer to make it easier to get through these black depression lonely days. I spend the majority of my day alone in an office with no one to talk to, I go home to an empty bed, and awake to the same. I have not gambled in 30 days and you know what nothing has changed im still the same miserable piece of [censored] I was then, so 12 step your way into traffic as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps I have lost touch with reality or perhaps my reality has lost its touch with me. No one in my life has anything to offer, but conditioned responses to external stimuli, and unoriginal thoughts on life that have been bled down through the bowels from other morons. And yet so many would ask what could be so hard about his life. Alas, I cannot argue there are many who would change places with me, but they do not know the pain I feel inside with every day that passes. I ask not for your help, your advice, your concern, in fact I ask that you just know that I know that you know.

kerowo 08-26-2007 09:53 PM

Re: Critique my rant please

tl;dr

Don't wait till your 40 to change it.

daryn 08-26-2007 09:54 PM

i hear ya buddy

2/325Falcon 08-26-2007 09:59 PM

In before snap out of it.

niss 08-26-2007 10:14 PM

I love people who blame everyone but themselves for the fact that their lives are miserable.

Take control of your life. Stop relying on and blaming everyone around you.

cantbeatluck 08-26-2007 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love people who blame everyone but themselves for the fact that their lives are miserable.

Take control of your life. Stop relying on and blaming everyone around you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read the post? I state if I hate everyone maybe its not them and maybe it is me?

sirtimo 08-26-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hear ya buddy

[/ QUOTE ]

NT! 08-26-2007 10:22 PM

lol sounds like somebody needs a nap

Lazy Meatball 08-26-2007 10:24 PM

sounds like a combination of clinical depression and not getting laid. treat one of them.

mpethybridge 08-26-2007 10:33 PM

Since you asked for a critique:

You reached your literary high point with "12 step your way into traffic."

You were born roughly 150 years too late to use the word "alas" without being laughed at.

Serious note: psychotherapy. now.