Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Csquard Perma-banned (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=428976)

FeliciaLee 06-16-2007 09:41 PM

Csquard Perma-banned

Craig Cunningham (csquard) was perma-banned today for spamming the site he blogs on.

He is a friend of mine, and does not own pokerworks. He has a blog there, and thought that maybe some 2+2er's might want to know how the cash games are going at Rio instead of just tourney reporting. He is a tournament reporter working on his second year at the series.

He didn't mean to spam, and wasn't thinking about the implications of linking to pokerworks.

I don't know who banned him because it doesn't say in notes. Can he get a pass this time, or a time-out? He won't do it again.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

private joker 06-16-2007 10:10 PM

Re: Csquard Perma-banned

Weird -- I've never heard of a perma-ban as punishment for spamming regardless of the poster. Isn't it usually like a 2-day suspension?

FeliciaLee 06-16-2007 10:32 PM

Even more strange, whomever banned him did not lock, delete or change his post in any way. The link is still left in the body of the post.

*TT* 06-17-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even more strange, whomever banned him did not lock, delete or change his post in any way. The link is still left in the body of the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Felecia - I think its safe to overrule the ban in this situation as long as you post here and leave a note why you overruled the ban (no notes). If it ends up being a bad decision he can always be re-banned later on (with the correct notes added of course), no harm done.

entertainme 06-17-2007 10:41 PM

Hi,

I've been away for the weekend with family stuff out of town. I checked my e-mail upon returning and I have a notification on this post from Dynasty.

I deleted the blog link in the post, leaving a note that you can list your blog in your profile and tell people to check your profile, (this is correct, right?)

I didn't ban csquard so I have no idea when it happened or who did it.

entertainme

Edit: After re-reading the Location rules above on what is allowed and what isn't, I decided I'd be on safer ground to just state in my edit, "Deleted blog link"

NT! 06-17-2007 10:52 PM

i'm gonna guess dynasty on this one guys

Mike Haven 06-18-2007 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm gonna guess dynasty on this one guys

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably didn't see this thread.

Dynasty 06-18-2007 05:57 AM

This was me. It's fine with me if somebody wants to reinstate him with a warning.

When I saw the most recent post/link in question, I searched through recent posts of his because I thought I remembered him doing it before. After just going through a few posts, I saw multiple links to other sites. Often, he was just starting new threads simply to link to the sites.

[ QUOTE ]
Weird -- I've never heard of a perma-ban as punishment for spamming regardless of the poster. Isn't it usually like a 2-day suspension?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where you're getting this. A spammer gets an automatic permanent ban from me. This is definitely true for somebody who just registered with the site. (though csquared though has 96 posts in 18 months on the site)

With spammers, I just ban them and give the reason so that they (and Ryan Beal) see it in the e-mail notification.

FeliciaLee 06-18-2007 12:58 PM

Thanks, Dynasty. He won't do it again.

Dids 06-18-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost always perma ban obvious spammers. If somebody's a known poster who just spammed, then maybe not, but if somebody is a sub 50 poster, auto nuke.