Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO200 - tricky turn spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527067)

Elrazor 10-20-2007 08:23 AM

PLO200 - tricky turn spot

I havent really had many interesting hands the past few days but this one sort of qualifies - Villan is an agressive tricky player, running 32/18/2.89, villan and i are both killing the game over 3 tables and its generally been an agro fest as 2-3 agro players go after a guy who is spewing money (about $600 down in 100 hands) im running 29/11/6.25 this session

i decided to limp with AA83 here just to change gears, i had been especially agro on this table as this is the only table where villan and i arnt at least 250bb's deep - i can see how reraising pre after limping makes this hand play itself, but thats easy to say after you know what the flop is and i am not really after villan as there are easier pickings

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $255
UTG+1: $259.60
CO: $55.70
Button: $127.10
SB: $383.65
BB: $214

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $10</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($32, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $20</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $92</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($216, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero??

RoundTower 10-20-2007 08:55 AM

Re: PLO200 - tricky turn spot

I just shove now. If he has a straight he probably open pushes the turn. He does not want to give you a free card here, you almost always have a good few outs when you take this line, and you don't always oblige him by pushing turn. Similarly if he has a set/2 pair he probably open pushes turn, 3 bets flop, or is planning to give up on this turn. And if I'm wrong and he has the nuts, you still have outs.

I guess you have to balance your play by taking a free card sometimes here. But push more often than not.

He probably doesn't want to play a big pot with you either. This is another reason he is rarely check/calling all in on the turn, he is usually pushing or check folding.

Parlay Slow 10-20-2007 09:10 AM

checking works better for me

iggymcfly 10-20-2007 04:51 PM

I agree with RoundTower here. A 7's actually not the most likely straight card here as (outside of the wrap), it only completes a high gutshot and a really bad open-ender. A 4 would probably straighten him out more often. Really, the chance that your good + the chance that your opponent folds a better hand is too much not to push the turn with stacks this shallow. If you had more than one PSB in your stack, checking the turn would be a lot more viable.

holdemsucks 10-20-2007 06:28 PM

I would have folded pre-flop, because your three does not really provide another combination to your hand. I do not understand why you would have called a raise out of position with such a hand.

thisnamedoesntfi 10-20-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded pre-flop, because your three does not really provide another combination to your hand. I do not understand why you would have called a raise out of position with such a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Level of the week.

holdemsucks 10-20-2007 06:59 PM

Well, if you're making fun out of what I said, well, so be it. Look, you've already got two cards to make the nut flush (if you do). Now A3 just as a straight draw would need 245 to make a straight. But someone could have a 63. Just cos it's suited doesn't mean it's useful. I'll reiterate what I stated before: the 3 is a dangler. You're out of position facing a raise. Fold - it's 6 handed. And 83 ain't a great combo.

TheRempel 10-20-2007 07:05 PM

This is good advice if and only if you are [censored] awful at postflop play.

thisnamedoesntfi 10-20-2007 07:08 PM

I wasn't making fun, I really thought you were joking.

holdemsucks 10-20-2007 07:09 PM

Looking at what happened post-flop, people in later positions were given the power to give you incorrect odds to draw to your flush