Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ok HELL NO, P Crayton is an animal (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502934)

rafiki 09-17-2007 10:55 AM

ok HELL NO, P Crayton is an animal

Yesterday during the fun of the NFl forum, I posted about Patrick Craytons injury. He landed on his pinky, in the glove it bent the other way, and I said "done for the year". I was obviously suprised as hell when he came back later in the game ! today on the cowboys site:

"Not only missing one of their starting wide receivers, but his replacement suffers a fractured right pinky in need of five stitches because of the broken bone puncturing the skin"

Are you kidding me ? They stiched it, taped it to the finger beside, and he was back in the game. That is some crazy !@#$@$ right there.

That's right up there with cutting the end of your finger off and getting back in the game. Any crazier stories then those 2 ?

vhawk01 09-17-2007 11:00 AM

Re: ok HELL NO, P Crayton is an animal

Look up Byron Leftwich.

rafiki 09-17-2007 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look up Byron Leftwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was it ? ankle ?

PokerFink 09-17-2007 11:01 AM

That's really not that crazy. I mean, obviously it's crazy for normal people, but these are professional athletes. Stuff like that is pretty common.

Brett Hull scoring the Stanley Cup winning goal in 1999 on a Grade 3 torn MCL, Eric Snow playing most of the 2001 playoffs on a broken foot, etc.

vhawk01 09-17-2007 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look up Byron Leftwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was it ? ankle ?

[/ QUOTE ]

He broke his leg during the game, and during the 2-minute drill, he would throw a pass, then have two of his o-line guys carry him downfield up the to the line to run another play real quick, because he could barely move.

Honestly one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

rafiki 09-17-2007 11:06 AM

I dunno, to me when bones break through your skin, and you use your hand to catch the ball, it's pretty sick.

capone0 09-17-2007 11:18 AM

Ronnie Lott amputated his pinkie so he wouldn't worry about injuring it. The Byron Leftwich thing was pretty rediculous to watch when he did it.

rafiki 09-17-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ronnie Lott amputated his pinkie so he wouldn't worry about injuring it. The Byron Leftwich thing was pretty rediculous to watch when he did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya the Lott thing was what I was reffering to in my initial post. So what did Leftwich do ???

capone0 09-17-2007 11:40 AM

He played a game with a broken leg in college as someone else pointed out. That's just sick. He had his o-line carry him. I guess a QB is the only guy who could possibly do it. He was in 1-AA at the time so I guess the d-lines weren't getting to him but I can't imagine anyone in the NFL doing something that stupid. They would get killed.

BowToYourSensei 09-17-2007 11:45 AM

michael jordan once scored 45 points with a cold