Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Pure river c/r bluff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474583)

ikestoys 08-10-2007 09:36 PM

Pure river c/r bluff

Villain is 20/15/2, knows I'm loose, but should respect my play

(CO) Villain 1000
(SB) Hero 2000

Dealt to Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop
Villain raises to 40, Hero calls 35

Flop
3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets 60, Hero calls 60.

Turn
8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain checks

River
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets $110, Hero raises to 400

DrMagic 08-10-2007 10:13 PM

Re: Pure river c/r bluff

To be honest I can't see him folding anything but air here. Your line represents nothing imo.

RickOSU 08-10-2007 10:14 PM

i think he looks you up with any ace here just too often to make this profitable, but it seems decent for meta-game purposes.

Redgrape 08-10-2007 10:40 PM

I like it actually. To be bluffing here you have to essentially be turning a made hand into a bluff and that's really hard for an opponent to put you on. He has to third level you in order to call here.

Redgrape 08-10-2007 10:41 PM

also an 8 seems like the most plausible hand you show up with here.

FlyingStart 08-10-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it actually. To be bluffing here you have to essentially be turning a made hand into a bluff and that's really hard for an opponent to put you on. He has to third level you in order to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of straightdraws possible

Redgrape 08-10-2007 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of straightdraws possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Which likely raise this flop versus a CO raise.

ikestoys 08-11-2007 12:25 AM

Looking back at this hand, I don't think it really makes a good post because my read on the guy is better than whatever you guys could possibly have, we've played like 8-10k hands together this summer.

I really felt like I was folding the villain's entire range in this hand because of
[ QUOTE ]
To be bluffing here you have to essentially be turning a made hand into a bluff and that's really hard for an opponent to put you on. He has to third level you in order to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]
and as for what I was trying to rep?
[ QUOTE ]

also an 8 seems like the most plausible hand you show up with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

as for the mention of how I could have a straight draw, why can't I have 87, or 810 etc etc...

btw redgrape, how the [censored] do you have such a good read on me? We play together once, you fold to my overflush on a non-paired board... remind me never to play you.

tcorbin16 08-11-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest I can't see him folding anything but air here. Your line represents nothing imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

soah 08-11-2007 03:38 AM

you're bluffing with the best hand a lot here I think

cowpig 08-11-2007 03:39 AM

Looks good. He's vbetting worse than an ace a lot, has air sometimes, and will probably fold some aces too.

Jay Riall 08-11-2007 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats kinda irrelevant since we can't call his river bet.

skier_5 08-11-2007 06:06 AM

i always get [censored] called here

Djeorge 08-11-2007 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not if we have the best hand a lot? Do you mean that c/r > c/c > Neutral EV?

emil3000 08-11-2007 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So ridiculous obv he's representing an 8 and you'd be a fool not to checkraise the A river with an 8.

jfish 08-11-2007 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i always get [censored] called here

[/ QUOTE ]

king_of_drafts 08-11-2007 08:48 AM

This line looks so bluffy and you would never do it with just an ace, I hate this

MDMA 08-11-2007 08:55 AM

Eh, I have no idea why this is getting so much hate, it's perfectly fine. The guys saying they are always getting called here are of course not necessarily saying it's bad or anything though.

jpsnow 08-11-2007 10:03 AM

I really respect your game, but I hate this spot. I really cant see him folding an A here. I havent played with you a lot, but I really never see you playing a strong hand like this. The only reason it semi-may work is because of the river A (which also may easily complete his hand).

Anyway he has to know that you know that he is going to value bet/bluff this card often in order for you to do this because only then would you ever do this with a strong hand right? Does he think that deep? If your sure he does then I guess this may work.

BobboFitos 08-11-2007 11:05 AM

ikestoys, all river c/r bluffs are by defition "pure" bluffs, since a semibluff extends itself to some outs (extra/hidden equity) that obviously on the river (with no card to come) does not exist.

BobboFitos 08-11-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why not, jay riall?

MDMA 08-11-2007 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not, jay riall?

[/ QUOTE ]

The B 08-11-2007 11:46 AM

you're not representing anything that will get him to fold any dry Ace...might look you up w/ Q9 K9 J9

DrMagic 08-11-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So ridiculous obv he's representing an 8 and you'd be a fool not to checkraise the A river with an 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and how often does he show up with an 8 here? Not often enough to make him fold much of his made range I would guess.

ikestoys 08-11-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys, all river c/r bluffs are by defition "pure" bluffs, since a semibluff extends itself to some outs (extra/hidden equity) that obviously on the river (with no card to come) does not exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no [censored]....

ikestoys 08-11-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and how often does he show up with an 8 here? Not often enough to make him fold much of his made range I would guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

a boat, 8 or a9 are the only hands i show up with here

fslexcduck 08-11-2007 01:38 PM

do me a favor, when you guys post c/r bluff hands, do it from the other perspective (and pick a medium hand in their range). every fking time it's always "you represent nothing blah blah blah", you guys are so full of it. he's representing an 8 or a boat and it's perfectly legitimate to play those this way. if i do this, however, i'm going to raise a bit more on the end... the bet sizing looks bluffy to me.

DrMagic 08-11-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you call a raise oop with A9 and lots of hands containing an 8?

KingDan 08-11-2007 01:50 PM

I think it's a good way to play an 8 , but at least for me I'm not defending that many 8x hands here. Given that, I don't have that many combos of legit hands to cr here.

Feel like it looks more like hmm, prolly don't have the best hand [censored] it i'll try to rep the ace.

king_of_drafts 08-11-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever peel flop with like AT-AK (on the off chance that you didn't repop pre)?

jackflashdrive 08-11-2007 02:10 PM

I have similar stats to villain and I would definitely fold AK here. This would be a good spot to show your cards if he folded, because you probably don't CR bluff river too often so it will generate action from villain and table in the future when you do (they are not going to forget). I think this outweighs the information you are giving him.

There are not many people capable of trying to push someone off a rivered hand. Of course your hand is good a lot of the time on the river.

Irish Mafia 08-11-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This line looks so bluffy and you would never do it with just an ace, I hate this

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't this be 87 or something that whiffed a cr on the turn?

ikestoys 08-11-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
when i'm playing tight, i'm playing 30/25. I do whatever the hell I want.

[ QUOTE ]

You ever peel flop with like AT-AK (on the off chance that you didn't repop pre)?

[/ QUOTE ]

no b/c i'd 3bet pf if i thought it was profitabl to peel, and i wouldn't c/r, I'd lead

ikestoys 08-11-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why not, jay riall?

[/ QUOTE ]

i definitely feel we can call his river bet, its just that i think i can out his entire range with a c/r

DrMagic 08-11-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you animal

aislephive 08-11-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../cartman-1.jpg

aislephive 08-11-2007 04:16 PM

Anyways, I don't think this line is bad usually, but you're playing super laggy so you should expect to get looked up a lot more in spots like this than a 22/18 tag. I think this will work sometimes but I don't think you fold out his entire range either.

River c/r bluffs are pretty hard hands to analyze in general, but I'd say this is +EV but not by much. It's close.

soah 08-11-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well it's a lot cheaper than raising and there are some here saying that you won't get the guy to fold very many better hands, so...

MATT111 08-11-2007 05:06 PM

I like it and an A folds here almost always.

Redgrape 08-11-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

btw redgrape, how the [censored] do you have such a good read on me? We play together once, you fold to my overflush on a non-paired board... remind me never to play you.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol