Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hitman Movie (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551468)

cbloom 11-21-2007 01:44 PM

Hitman Movie

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3...2321ccotk2.jpg

(click for full size)

I was walking down the street and saw this poster and did a double take. First I couldn't figure out what exactly was going on in her crotch area, and then when I did I was amazed they printed a poster like this. The image can't really capture the effect that it has when it's blown up to 20 feet tall and your head is right around crotch level.

Then I started thinking what a horrible license for a movie this is. It's a pretty decent game but the character is so boring, how is hollywood deciding that this is a good movie to make?

Has there ever been a good video game based movie, like ever?

Wires 11-21-2007 01:47 PM

Re: Hitman Movie

I really like Timothy Olyphant I but have zero desire to see this movie. It would take some killer reviews arouse my interest.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the number that have been released I figure there was one or two good ones that I'd forgot about. I took a look at the list of video game movies on wiki and there wasn't a single good one on the list.

I wonder why that is? I guess the built in audience is there and they don't want to stray too far from the game's mythology for fear of losing this base. You would think that someone would be able to produce something pretty cool if given the autonomy to just go for it.

Edit: Reviewing the list I would think there is no chance for a video game movie to succeed when Uwe Boll and Paul W. Anderson are permitted to direct or produce such a large percentage of them.

tuq 11-21-2007 01:51 PM

Am I missing what is "going on in her crotch area" other than it's a see-through dress? Pretty hot IMO.

Yeah, the character in the game never even spoke, so while they are given a blank slate to work with it's not like he was the most likable character in video game history. He just walked around in a wooden fashion popping a cap in bad guys' asses.

TheBlueMonster 11-21-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like Timothy Olyphant I but have zero desire to see this movie. It would take some killer reviews arouse my interest.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the number that have been released I figure there was one or two good ones that I'd forgot about. I took a look at the list of video game movies on wiki and there wasn't a single good one on the list.

I wonder why that is? I guess the built in audience is there and they don't want to stray too far from the game's mythology for fear of losing this base. You would think that someone would be able to produce something pretty cool if given the autonomy to just go for it.

Edit: Reviewing the list I would think there is no chance for a video game movie to succeed when Uwe Boll and Paul W. Anderson are permitted to direct or produce such a large percentage of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Supposedly there was going to be a "Halo" video game with Peter Jackson directing. For some reason it fell through.

Case Closed 11-21-2007 02:19 PM

http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Mario/...ovie-Small.jpg

Thug Bubbles 11-21-2007 02:22 PM

Exec. Produced by Peter Jackson. It's still in works, though the original deal fell through as Microsoft wanted too much money/control.

There is video of some live-action footage, hinting at what the movie may look like. Here is one of them.

stabn 11-21-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Supposedly there was going to be a "Halo" video game with Peter Jackson directing. For some reason it fell through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Control, money.

FWIW the hitman trailers looked pretty sweet and i'm definitely seeing it this weekend. And yah Uwe bol does suck.

solids 11-21-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only decent one I can think of was that Final Fantasy movie from a couple of years back that was completely computer animated. IIRC, it cost a shiton to make, and lost a lot of money.

DonkeyKongSr 11-21-2007 02:24 PM

Mortal Kombat wasn't terrible. I also liked Resident Evil.

offTopic 11-21-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing what is "going on in her crotch area" other than it's a see-through dress? Pretty hot IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's noted Hollywood starlet Camille Towe.

solids 11-21-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's noted Hollywood starlet Camille Towe.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

bobman0330 11-21-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only decent one I can think of was that Final Fantasy movie from a couple of years back that was completely computer animated. IIRC, it cost a shiton to make, and lost a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it also sucked.

Wires 11-21-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it also sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. It looked great but it was all visuals - otherwise a very dull and lifeless movie.

g-bebe 11-21-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it also sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

FF: The Spirits Within? I thought it was really good, for something based off a video game. Then again, I don't really know how much it has to do with the actual games.

solids 11-21-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it also sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you're right. For some reason, I thought it did well with the critics, but it's only 43% on RT.

DesertCat 11-21-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW the hitman trailers looked pretty sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

They look awful to me. I hate those Transporter 2 type of movies that are all about stunts and computer generated action that hysterically break all rules of physics and human anatomy.

Is this hitman actually supposed to be an unbreakable robot, or a super hero with special powers? Are we supposed to care about someone who doesn't speak and can't be killed?

I just saw "No Country For Old Men". The villain actually seems as if he is unstoppable, but it's believable, and that makes it scary good.

Jack of Arcades 11-21-2007 04:13 PM

Yeah, it wasn't even based on any of the games.

Jack of Arcades 11-21-2007 04:21 PM

Agent 47 is a genetically-engineered clone. While not "superhuman," he's at the outer limits of what a human can do. He can be killed; he's come close quite a few times in the games. He can speak (and often does), but prefers to be alone.

47 is so good at his job that everyone knows about him but nobody believes in him.

pr0crast 11-21-2007 04:33 PM

Resevil wasn't bad at all... it just wasn't good. But compared to a lot of the crap sci fi that comes out today, it was right up there.

Jack Bando 11-21-2007 04:40 PM

Mortal Kombat was the best video game movie ever by a far lead. If you count The Wizard, that's #2.

BCPVP 11-21-2007 04:59 PM

Really blew the casting for 47 on this on, imo. 47 had a cold, menacing but easily forgotten look. Olyphant, not so much.

Runkmud 11-21-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really blew the casting for 47 on this on, imo. 47 had a cold, menacing but easily forgotten look. Olyphant, not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial thought was that Olyphant might be the only redeeming feature of the movie.

kkcountry 11-22-2007 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial thought was that Olyphant might be the only redeeming feature of the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, he's the only reason (besides the sloots) i want to see the movie

demon102 11-22-2007 08:33 AM

I just googled Olyphant and it looks like hi is in a movie called Turok that's gonna be released in 08. Seems pretty kool imo. Hitman looks like it could be good but we will have see about that.

Dorothy Mantooth 11-22-2007 09:31 AM

Street fighter with Van Damme and unfortunately Raul Julia's last film.

IggyWH 11-22-2007 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just googled Olyphant and it looks like hi is in a movie called Turok that's gonna be released in 08. Seems pretty kool imo. Hitman looks like it could be good but we will have see about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's with this dude doing videogame movies then?

AlexM 11-22-2007 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/4/4539390_8c4b2571b0.jpg

+

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/4...00b602ad60.jpg

supermangina 11-23-2007 04:58 PM

^^^^^^^^ya how were ppl missing that

first thing that came to my mind was "nice meat curtain"

Franchise 60 11-23-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's with this dude doing videogame movies then?

[/ QUOTE ]

$

soko 11-23-2007 07:10 PM

Camel toe hat?

bluey 11-24-2007 03:59 AM

shes naked a lot in the movie.

bluey 11-24-2007 04:03 AM

and i thought he talked to much and was too personable.

Hendricks433 11-24-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and i thought he talked to much and was too personable.

[/ QUOTE ] agreed, I think they screwed up the casting for this movie.

DontRaiseMeBro 11-24-2007 02:43 PM

everything about this movie sucked balls. in a bad way.

cbebop007 11-24-2007 05:49 PM

"Silent Hill" is the best and most faithful video game adaptation yet.

Just to throw that out there.

cbloom 11-24-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm pretty sure it's a mound and a butt-cheek, but when you first see it it looks like a giant camel toe that's smooshed down her leg.

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 10:50 PM

I walked out a half an hour in

Shizzle12345 11-24-2007 10:51 PM

The coolest thing about the game was, and thats why its my all time favourite game, is that you can whack someone without having anyone finding out and harming anyone. You get in with some super sneaky move take out the target, while everyone does his job, and leave. And when your long gone they find out. That was just so awesome. Sometimes i just popped a few guards with my silenced pistol just for coolness tho.

One mission where you had to pop some actor in a theather was the coolest. You could change the fake gun on stage for a real gun and then one of the actors would pop your target without knowing it.

This concept is TOTALLY ruined by this stupid retarded action movie.

philfan05 11-27-2007 02:16 AM

I snunk into this movie after seeing No Country For Old Men (amazing movie HIGHLY recommend it) and have to say Hitman might be the worst movie I've ever seen. I was literally LOLing at the dialouge. The acting was terrible. As stated above, the Hitman gaves are about stealth and not about entering into a 20 on 1 gun fight or entering into random sword fights. The story line is choppy and terrible. I felt slightly guilty for sneaking in and not paying, but after the film I feel like I should have been paid to [censored] through that crap.