Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I haven't posted a hand in awhile... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499015)

bigredlemon 09-11-2007 10:02 PM

I haven\'t posted a hand in awhile...

Both players were unknowns as I've just sat down a few hands ago. They probably think i'm a maniac as I've I got hit with the deck for the first few hands. And i'm probably borderline manical at times regardless.

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.58 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]brings_in ___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.92 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.46 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls___calls

6th Street - (15.46 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (21.46 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (27.46 BB)

Sevenfold 09-11-2007 10:34 PM

Re: I haven\'t posted a hand in awhile...

If he is a sane player, either hes got a straight or a full house given the action on 5th.

No way you can be ahead on 6th so why bet?

Not much has changed on the river, only now you can beat a straight, but you have to lay 2-1 on the bet. I'd call 6th and 7th.

chucky 09-11-2007 11:40 PM

I dont like 5th street raise, though your opponents probably think you just have a pair of kings or queens under. 6th is a check call because your opponent probably has trips.

Andy B 09-12-2007 01:40 AM

I like third and fourth. On fifth, I would most likely have raised right away. Since you called and the guy behind you raised, I think you can only call, and I honestly wouldn't like it all that much. Seems to me that your typical Stars $3/6 player has something approaching a clue, and those who don't tend to play pretty timidly. For most players to raise there, they would have to have Nines-up beaten, and given his board, anything that beats Nines-up also beats you. Now a lot of his straight card are out, and sets are hard to make, but what do you put him on? I don't think he's doing this with two scraggly pair or a big pocket pair. So I don't like any excess action you put in from this point until the river. I'm not even that crazy about the check-raise on the river. His straight cards are pretty dead, and he can hardly have made a smaller full house.