Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AA vs river donk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=461679)

efficacy 07-26-2007 08:12 PM

AA vs river donk

BB is TAG reg, prob one of you guys.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero

MartynasD 07-26-2007 08:16 PM

Re: AA vs river donk

Whay just not press the button raise here?

NinaWilliams 07-26-2007 08:18 PM

Id just call. Hes probably not paying off a raise with anything you beat anyway.

TheChad 07-26-2007 08:19 PM

I dislike raising here. I feel like we've been setup. The flush got there, the str8 got there twice, and, for one raise, two pair could be out there. I call.

Gurravasa 07-26-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id just call. Hes probably not paying off a raise with anything you beat anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably right if you're up against a 2p2:er. OTH you could bluffraise and let them fold 2-pairs since many 2p2:ers would think that you would never raise this without a flush [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

efficacy 07-26-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely love the way you phrased this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Point Blank 07-26-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

add to that, he'll make you pay more when he's ahead ... well, unless you fold to a 3bet

his line is really-really weird though ... how do you think this guy sees you here

perhaps he thinks a bluff will have some small chance or he didn't want to c.r with something semi-good on that board and force a fold from you (or get raised and not know what to do)

Gurravasa 07-26-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

add to that, he'll make you pay more when he's ahead ... well, unless you fold to a 3bet

his line is really-really weird though ... how do you think this guy sees you here

perhaps he thinks a bluff will have some small chance or he didn't want to c.r with something semi-good on that board and force a fold from you (or get raised and not know what to do)

[/ QUOTE ]

He hit 2-pair or a set on river and didn't want us to check behind. And he probably think we'll pay of with TP but not bet it on this board. Thats why a bluffraise could be tried if the pot was bigger but now I think we should make a crying call and loose.

efficacy 07-26-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably views me as generic TAG. I have been running well at this table.

TheHip41 07-26-2007 11:58 PM

i just don't see what he has that I'm losing to. I'm raising this river, and you all know, I am the king of calling down nitdom.

Seriously, he is going to have K-dick here about 1000 percent of the time. And he will plan to bet/fold, then hit bet, then get raised, then go, well, he might not have it, then call (ILP special [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If 3bet, I'm folding. If you can't fold if 3bet, then just call the river.