Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50NL: Lost against a shortie (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546739)

billip62 11-15-2007 10:21 AM

50NL: Lost against a shortie

I think I've got a real leak against short stacks post flop and I've got to plug it. The other problem I have is bleeding money with small pockets post flop, so I'm interested in what you guys say about his hand.

New to the table, no reads until the turn where it becomes pretty obvious that this guy is a donk. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $47.95
UTG: $50
CO: $17.40
BTN: $68.20
Hero (SB): $50

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, BB calls $2, CO calls $2

Flop: ($7.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, BB folds, CO calls $5

Turn: ($17.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2</font>, Hero ???

Maunzekater 11-15-2007 10:34 AM

Re: 50NL: Lost against a shortie

Hate it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wouldn't c-bet this flop with an underpair to the board and two opponents, even if i were in position.

You can only represent an overpair and a short stack usually doesn't fold if he hit something, which is very likely on this board.

Whatever you do on the turn, if you have to show your hand i recommend playing strictly ABC poker for the next few orbits.

edit: 2 overcards, not an underpair

nightwood 11-15-2007 10:35 AM

Small PP, OOP, 3way, two overs and we don't have any BD-draws .. I guess I wouldn't have cbet here and just c/f.

The turn bet is incredibly small .. but whatever, I don't want to play this hand, I fold.

daboytim 11-15-2007 10:35 AM

Shove --&gt; FE + You stay ahead vs range, as shorty can easily have A3, 78, JQ or just A high.

Maybe just call preflop. As shorty is prob gonna stack of any flop he hits, and if you don't hit you will get in marginal spots on flops with c-betting and stuff. Wouldn't even c-bet this board against 2 villains and just an underpair.

kroeliewoelie 11-15-2007 10:45 AM

I call preflop, because I do not want to play this hand OOP against a shortie about who we know next to nothing. If the BB raises we can still call for set value because he is deep enough.

yegon 11-15-2007 10:47 AM

pf is fine IMO, you can just call and play for set value but you can raise to have the initiative in the hand. If you raise you will try to win the pot with a cbet if the flop is right

this flop certainly is not right, you will get called a lot. limp/call preflop usually means small to medium PP, SC, Axs. Most of this range has either a pair, 2pair or some kind of a straight draw

so I'd just c/f on the flop here

ama0330 11-15-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shove --&gt; FE

[/ QUOTE ]

Look how much villain has left behind

sightless 11-15-2007 12:23 PM

once you get called in 2 spots preflop I dont cbet this flop

Peter Harris 11-15-2007 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once you get called in 2 spots preflop I dont cbet this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense concensus.

billip62 11-15-2007 01:32 PM

good to know, thanks guys. I've really got to get this situation in hand because I'm obviously losing money here.