Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   3 pairs - is this a value bet? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355817)

Hoi Polloi 03-15-2007 12:01 PM

3 pairs - is this a value bet?

3 handed. I'm running well and pounding a couple of passive, timid financiers.

Button is not a moron, but he is way too passive for 6-handed let alone 3.

Button raises, I 3-bet A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from SB. BB folds.

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I bet, he calls.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I bet, he calls.

River 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Do you bet again here?

danzasmack 03-15-2007 12:03 PM

Re: 3 pairs - is this a value bet?

why wouldn't you bet?

cdlarmore 03-15-2007 12:07 PM

for sure, the ace that thinks he is splitting is getting banged up by your turn, nh

Bill Haywood 03-15-2007 02:10 PM

I'm trying to find more places to bet/fold the river, and this looks like one of them. If he does have an 8 (or T) you'll for sure hear back, even from a passive player. But cdlarmore is right, ace+7 and down are plausible hands, which you beat, and there are what, 72 combinations of that out there. Plus 12 more A9 = 84.

cdlarmore 03-15-2007 02:17 PM

I think part of the problem is that i acutally have a hard time folding to a raise, here is why...
at this level, A high bluff raises that river figuring he is splitting a ton of the time and it is safe, plus easy fold to 3 bet. Also, if he has the boat, i think he pops turn, not river...

Palomino 03-15-2007 03:44 PM

If villain has the 8 he isn't gonna raise until river, and being passive he may not even raise there w/ the bottom boat. I also doubt that passive villain would raise A high, just not in his nature.

That being said I 100% bet river here. Big ace is very likely.

Hoi Polloi 03-15-2007 10:10 PM

Well, that's what I thought. Then when he popped it, I thought "well, what am I gonna do now?"

gehrig 03-15-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, that's what I thought. Then when he popped it, I thought "well, what am I gonna do now?"

[/ QUOTE ]
whats to think about
foldfoldfoldoflfdlfodfldofldfodfdffldlsdlldsld

Scary_Tiger 03-15-2007 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
whats to think about
foldfoldfoldoflfdlfodfldofldfodfdffldlsdlldsld

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Button is not a moron, but he is way too passive for 6-handed let alone 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh. 03-16-2007 03:45 AM

he has to be pretty damn passive for me to fold the riv. most people cant help themselves from raising with 77

plus if hes so passive he might not value raise with an 8, and no i dont think that correlates with his bluffing frequency. some bad players miss really easy value bets but have no problem making retarded bluffs