Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   weak or expert (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493787)

ship it pls 09-04-2007 10:39 PM

weak or expert

CP 15/30 or 30/60 i forget...

two limps in early,
solid player raises in mp
hero 3 bets As Kh,
irrelevant player makes it 4 bets
2p2er calls 4 cold in the sb
bb folds
limpers call
solid player caps

6 of us see a capped flop: Ks Ah 6s

checks to solid player who bets,
hero raises,
folds to 2p2er who 3 bets,
solid player raises to 4,
hero calls,
2p2er caps...

turn: 5c
2p2er now checks to solid player
solid player bets,
hero ...
easy raise? awkward call? difficult fold? let me have it, thanks.

the reads on these players are as their names indicate: solid player doesnt over value hands and has reasonable opening/playing standards, 2p2er lurks here but i dont know him or much about his play style, i have only seen him show down big hands when playing oop and have yet to see him coldcall in spots like this

gameoverjc 09-04-2007 10:50 PM

Re: weak or expert

2 bet/fold here for info. you either competing for half the pot or wb (2 outs or drawing dead). i don't see the solid player making it 3 bets on the turn with worse than top 2.

this would've been a lot easier if the 2+2er (sb) led turn and we saw mp act first.

gaming_mouse 09-04-2007 11:48 PM

the odds you are getting on the flop for the last 2 bets are deceptive, since you are chopping at best i think.

Bad Lobster 09-05-2007 12:14 AM

Fold for 2 more on the flop...your negative implied odds are atrocious.

GuyOnTilt 09-05-2007 12:37 AM

If you know the 2p2'er in the SB at all and know that he 5bets all day PF with AA/KK then raise the turn. If you think he might flat call with those, muck the flop when it's 2 more back to you.

CardSharpCook 09-05-2007 01:25 AM

You can't "call 4 cold" in the SB. You're already partially thawed.

CardSharpCook 09-05-2007 01:28 AM

oh btw, please don't fold. Yet. just keep calling for a while and see if anyone accidently exposes their hand. Reasonable hands are AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] AK, AK, KK, and 66. You're getting half of this pot often enough to call a few more bets. Actually, I think I'm willing to put in exactly 3 more BBs once we reach the turn. Also, to those of you actually folding on the flop, God bless you.

MitchL 09-05-2007 01:36 AM

Obv the best thing you can hope for here is a 3-way chop. In any CB game there are very few players who will cap w/ AK. Is the capper one of them? Also, the irrelevant player is very relevant in this situation, bc if solid player is thinking at all he will be adjusting his range based on this so-called irrelevant players 4-betting range and will give you a better idea of where you stand. I think sbs hand wreaks of AK so you have to call down. My guess is that either your read on one of these players is off or else this is a 3way chop.

P.S. If sb shows up w/ AA or KK here tell him to stop lurking and start posting.

CardSharpCook 09-05-2007 04:31 AM

Mitch, all,

you're aware that if one of them has AK, the other can have neither AA nor KK? So we're going for the parlay of 66 AND AA/KK OR AA AND KK. The other possibility is AK and AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The odds are too great. I need to get to SD here.

BrainBanana 09-05-2007 05:15 AM

action is wrong. you 4bet preflop on the button, i donked into the field, original raiser 2 bets, you 3bet, i 4 and original raiser capped. If that makes a difference. Then i checked that turn.

Geez im a bad writer.