Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   mass effect (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543641)

goofyballer 11-16-2007 10:12 PM

Re: mass effect

I loved Oblivion until the day I got 3 red lights and lost my hard-earned character so I guess I just feel differently about that then both of you. And even if that's your experience, that doesn't mean that it didn't appeal to fans of other genres (I mean, I'm not usually an RPG player) much better than most RPGs do. Just look at sales #s.

scotchnrocks 11-16-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved Oblivion until the day I got 3 red lights and lost my hard-earned character so I guess I just feel differently about that then both of you. And even if that's your experience, that doesn't mean that it didn't appeal to fans of other genres (I mean, I'm not usually an RPG player) much better than most RPGs do. Just look at sales #s.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, so if your 360 takes a crap, then you lose all of your game save data and achievements? I assumed that stuff was somehow linked to my xboxlive account

KneeCo 11-16-2007 11:53 PM

The (tame, weird, human girl/alien girl lesbian) sex scene that has gotten this game barred in Japan

dibbs 11-17-2007 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, so if your 360 takes a crap, then you lose all of your game save data and achievements? I assumed that stuff was somehow linked to my xboxlive account

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about achievements but game save data is obviously stored locally on your hard drive or MU.

goofyballer 11-17-2007 02:23 AM

It is. Best Buy is [censored] evil and demanded I give them my HD with all my data on it when I traded my 360 back in for a new one.

My 2nd 360 also got 3 red lights, but since I sent it back to MS they said I could keep the HD. THANKS A LOT BEST BUY YOU DONKS

Shaqizzle 11-17-2007 02:27 AM

I think it looks fun as hell, the only games i've been waiting to play are Mass Effect and GTAIV.

I've always wanted to play a game where you could choose your path, and just jerk off in space.

Hoya 11-19-2007 12:34 PM

9.6 on TeamXbox, 9.4 on IGN

Dudd 11-19-2007 05:22 PM

Well, it just shipped from Gamefly, so I should hopefully have it either tomorrow or Wednesday. Hope it's good.

BrookTrout 11-20-2007 09:07 AM

Anyone else think that game rankings are becoming more and more a marketing tool? Almost like the video games' version of movie review quotes like "Wildly Entertaining", "This summer's blockbuster movie!" "If you only see one movie this year, make it this one!"...

I've been reading some of the reviews online for this game, from what I used to consider very reputable websites - and while I have yet to play the game - I'm amazed that a reviewer can pan the AI of both enemies and allies during combat, detail some major draw-in issues and still give the game a 9.7/10...

ThaSaltCracka 11-20-2007 11:58 AM

brook, I agree with you. I think magazines in particular are somewhat dodgy because on one page they have an advertisment for the game and on the next they have a review.