Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   online 10/25. 84o free look makes big hand. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=101616)

flawless_victory 05-01-2006 08:53 AM

online 10/25. 84o free look makes big hand.

i havent posted a hand in a while and thought i would try to put some up.
not sure if this is really interesting, but i just misplayed this hand and would like to hear what some of u guys think is the play here...

CO (2.8K) openlimps, folded to me in BB w/ 84o i check it.
the CO is mostly unknown to me i am fairly new to the game, one hand last round.
he opens 85, i make it 255 in SB he calls. flop T93. i bet 425, he folds AJs face up. he is probably not too tough obv, but thats all the info i got. ok.

flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (60)
i check, he bets pot quickly, i call.

turn comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], filling me. (180)
i bet 155, he quickly pot raises to 645, play?

FWIW, in my small sample he has used to pot button every time he has bet/raised.

wtfsvi 05-01-2006 09:06 AM

Re: online 10/25. 84o free look makes big hand.

I would go all-in and be upset with myself for misplaying it after he folded. I think call turn bet and lead river for 1/3 pot.

Jman28 05-01-2006 09:10 AM

I don't think I'm folding this hand under almost any circumstances. So, if he has 44 or T8, all the money's going in either way, so we shouldn't worry about those situations. (TT too, but I don't see him open limping TT)

I always get thrown off by open limps. I think he usually has QT, JT, T9, AA, KK, J9, sometimes bluffs, and sometimes Q9dd or something like that. (besides other boats that we are ignoring)

I know it seems really fishy, but I think there are merits to a minreraise, or making it something like 1200, and then pushing the river. I think this is the best way to get a weak player to put their stack in with one pair.

AllIn3High 05-01-2006 09:16 AM

I think I like calling and check/raising the river. I think this maximizes value against good tens (or if he limped with an overpair). Also if he's semi-bluffing here it alows him to hit and stack off / or let him fire again if he misses.

If he limped w/ TT or T8 I'm willing to stack off as I think hands like JT, A8, semi-bluffs or similar type hand we're ahead of are more likely holdings for him.

-Skeme- 05-01-2006 09:19 AM

I'd call and check-raise river.

wtfsvi 05-01-2006 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I like calling and check/raising the river. I think this maximizes value against good tens (or if he limped with an overpair).

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think it's very liekly he will bet the river again with one pair.

[ QUOTE ]
Also if he's semi-bluffing here it alows him to hit and stack off / or let him fire again if he misses.

[/ QUOTE ] This is the strength of call-check.

Jman28 05-01-2006 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think I like calling and check/raising the river. I think this maximizes value against good tens (or if he limped with an overpair). Also if he's semi-bluffing here it alows him to hit and stack off / or let him fire again if he misses.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how often will he have 'good' tens here? I think he raises AT, and maybe KT. I expect him to have a medium T much more often than anything else here. There are a lot of scare cards that can hit on the river and cause him to check behind.

P.S. - If you call and a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits, would you lead or c/r?

TheWorstPlayer 05-01-2006 09:41 AM

I think you should call quickly and hesitate-push the river.

ggbman 05-01-2006 09:44 AM

I would call and open push the river.

ahnuld 05-01-2006 10:22 AM

I really think he has AA KK and wont get away from it if you push now. People who open limp those hands never fold them for any action on paired boards.