Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   I will mentor you for free (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549694)

Jay. 11-19-2007 12:04 PM

I will mentor you for free

I want to mentor for free up to 10 players who i believe show good understanding of the fundamentals of poker and with my help i could get you guys from your current stakes to being where ever you want to get with poker. The students who i feel have the most potential and best attitudes will be the ones selected.

This will be mostly done through you sweating my sessions. This is why i'm doing this as free mentoring rather than charging for coaching. It will be at my stakes but i will speak about the adjustments i'd make if i was against a low stakes player, or how being against a thinking player changes the hand.

Other than this i'd also like it if we have our own small site w/ community forum and ability to host videos. So we can start threads on interesting hands in videos or post hands for you to decide the plays on. For this reason one of the selected must be able and willing to set that up.

Eventually i would like this to become a very small dedicated community in which everyone helps each other. For this reason i'm going to choose players from a variety of stakes and ages but all of you must be willing to give back to the community by helping the others. Be this uploading videos, posting comments or posting hands.

What you MUST have:

- A long term clear, measurable and timed goal of what you want from poker.

- A good listener, able to put your ego to one side

- Potential

- A long standing 2p2 account w/ no bad rep

- A high strategy to junk post ratio

- Be able to work programs like skype, logmein etc

- Cash NLHE as your main game.

- Willingness to help others.

- A headset or mic, heh.

What you don't need:

- To be playing higher stakes

- High previous earnings.

What you must NOT have:

- A smug attitude.

- A rigid style or unwillingness to expand your style.

- A superiority complex or argumentative nature.

- Any posts such as 'omg/fast/lol fold/shove'.

This would be a good example of someone with a good grasp of fundamentals and this a good example of attitude towards poker. I don't expect that level just that ambition.

The part i get out of this is that i play better when always explaining my thought process, i play better when i always have a clear goal in mind, i play more often when enjoying poker, i feel i will be getting more out of poker from helping you guys, i feel i will be more likely to force myself to keep on progressing with my game and i get to tell everyone 'i mentored him' when you win WSOP. I wont be charging anything for this, or putting ads on the site, or trying to make money from this.

My qualifications are played for 4 years beat 5/10 and 10/20 for 4 years. Currently playing exclusively 5/10 euro or 10/20 euro. 105k biggest ever month. 80k biggest ever downstreak (party blackjack 5k bets ha). Used to avg 14h/week for my first 3 years of playing, now trying to avg 32hr/week. Goal is a stress free poker career because of huge confidence in my game.

Apply in this thread with 1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.

Lastly, after mentioning this to a few people it seems some other people might be interested in also being a mentor. If you are PM me.

edit: please please apply in the thread. you are only reducing your chances by PMing me. I've had 4 in the past 2 minutes already.

dkgojackets 11-19-2007 12:10 PM

Re: I will mentor you for free

I want to do this, seriously. Will answer all those questions in a bit.

Actually first I have to increase my strategy/BBV post ratio.

The Velour Fog 11-19-2007 12:13 PM

omg/fast/lol fold/shove

Under dog 11-19-2007 12:17 PM

OP its folded round to you in the SB , you have 4 BB's left

You have AKs and are about to push when the BB says "CALL" and flips over 7 4o

Do you "gamble" or wait for a better spot?

Vavavoom 11-19-2007 12:17 PM

Jay,

I'm interested in this...

1. Improving my game with coaching from 2 people (2p2ers) at the moment... Speak to several other members on AIM regularly and looking to start having sweat sessions with them. Having a big change in my play at the moment...and sweating helps me keep discipline and stick to the new "aggressive" me.

2. Want to move up to 3/6 and or 5/10 and start earning a decent second income from Poker... I want to start playing more seriously and have less swings and breakeven streaks than I currently have...

3. Current Stakes are primarily 200NL with some 50c/$1 --- $2/$4 HU on Stars...I started off with £200 2 years ago and have made approx $20k from Poker .. Current Roll ~ $12k

4. The strategy posts that I have made are somewhat a little more difficult to find and post. I would say that I'm not a theory person. I read the books etc, but find it difficult to put those concepts down in text in posts. I will often say how I think what "I think" should have been done on hands, as opposed to creating some new theroem...and I read most threads in HSNL/MSNL and SSNL every day...

5. I'm a JUNK BOND BROKER in London. I'm 25, Male and used to be a holiday rep. I used to be fairly intelligent. I excel at a lot of sports and am great @ quizzes. I also DJ @ weddings and Birthdays...

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Vava

:Edited to add:

* I have Skype/AIMPro/TeamViewer/MSN.
* I live in the UK and something I have found is that its difficult to get times for coaching that suit me and the coach/sweat session

dkgojackets 11-19-2007 12:25 PM

1. Mostly just reading books and strategy forums.
2. Play regularly (at least 10 hrs week) and win enough to move up to 200 NL in the short run.
3. Haven't played much since going to college, but I usually just played .10/.25 and just wanted to make a couple hundred extra bucks for spending money.
4. I don't really post in strategy forums, just read them.
5. 18 years old, freshman at Georgia Tech. Been playing for a couple years. I know I can do well if I'm motivated at all.

Al_Money 11-19-2007 12:28 PM

1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself.

1. Still posting a decent amount of strat, always reviewing my own hands, discussing hands with other good players. I'm also a Cardrunners member.

2. Eventually move up to 2/4+ and beat it. I'm very well rolled for 2/4 but I'd like to improve more before it becomes my regular game.

3. Current stakes are 1/2 with basically weekly shots at 2/4. Lifetime earnings are between 40k and 50k.

4. I don't have the time to wade through my strat posts and also I definitely reply to threads more than start them myself. I'll do this later when I have some time.

5. I'm a 20 year old student from the northeastern US. I've been playing NL cash seriously for around a year and a half. I am always looking for new ways to improve and this seems like a great opportunity.

Edit: I've played 245 hours and made around $14k in the last 5 months. I think it's worth noting that I have been trying to move up during this time and have been a small winner/breakeven player at 2/4, thus the lower amount won.

Jay. 11-19-2007 12:28 PM

Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.

and once again, PMs are now points because right now i'm in an inet cafe in Egypt and after this session i wont be online again until im home on wednesday morning and that's when i intend to pick the students, so i will have no chance to answer questions.

Pat Southern 11-19-2007 12:34 PM

1. I just completed BobboFito's 3 day coaching program. I flew out to Boston and stayed with him for 3 days putting in quite a bit of time going over the WHY something is right, rather than the WHAT is right (which I was previously focused on). I'm starting to realize that the only way to take my game to the next level is to improve my actual understanding of the game, rather than try to learn what moves good players use. In that time we transformed my game from 21/18 to 30/25.
Also, I spend a good ammount of time over AIM discussing hands with a group of people I've met through either the tables or 2+2.

2. I want to eventually be beating 5/10 to 10/20, maybe higher once I get there. But for now, if I reached that and it was my ceiling I'd still be very happy. Essentially I want to beat the games for enough $ to never NEED a job, and once I find a job or business venture I enjoy to still use poker as a nice supplemental income.

3. I moved up to 2/4 about 20k hands ago. I took a year long break after going out to Vegas for the WSOP in 2006. Put a little $ in around July and rebuilt my roll starting at .25/.50. this year I've made about $40k, lifetime probably around $150k through a myriad of games (limit, MTTs, SNGs)

4. I'm kinda lacking when it comes to strong strategy posts. A lot of that is because I wasn't that confident in my thought process before my coaching program with Bobbo. I knew what most of the correct moves were, and most of the time I knew why; however, in some of the more complex situations (usually where good posts come from) I was pretty unconfident. I had a few theory posts in MTT a loooong time ago, maybe I can drag those up.

5. I'm 22 and just graduated from UC Davis (in California) with an Econ degree. Eventually I will probably go onto some form of higher education, either getting an MBA or going to law school.
I took up poker because I needed a competitive outlet that used to be filled by high school sports. Mainly, because I wasn't good enough to play football at Davis.
Because the job market isn't that great I decided to just play poker rather than "work for the man." It's going fine thus far, but I'm hoping to break through to a higher level of thinking (and hopefully earning) by early next year. This is also the first time that I"ve ever put in significant hours. While in college I played maybe 8-10 hours a week, now I try to get in at least 25.

Hebel 11-19-2007 12:36 PM

I have been trying to beat online poker for almost two years now. I used to think I knew everything, as I had read super system AND watched lots of the wsop on TV. But it seemed I just couldnt figure out poker, and continually went busto.

Im determined to learn how to play this game. Currently I have dropped all the way down to nl 10 and nl25 to really work at it. I post almost exclusively in strat forums, and the ones i dont post in I lurk frequently.

All I want is to get a better understanding of how to win at this game. I am very committed to learning, and I think you will find me an agreeable student. Currently I am a junior at Georgetown University, a well known US institution.

Since my junior year is busy, I dont have that much time to play. But I am beating the microstakes for 9bb/100 at the moment.

I want to move up fast. Ideally I would like to play poker as a side income, grinding nl100 or 200 for a couple thousand a month.

Please give me serious consideration, as I the type of person who will be most dramatically affected by your mentoring.

Jay. 11-19-2007 12:37 PM

Lot of good applications so far. I'm very excited about doing this.

jfish 11-19-2007 12:37 PM

meme

hallo! 11-19-2007 12:39 PM

I know I wont fit in what you liked to hear (I am only a breakeven player and cant put in tons of hours bc of studying),

but,

I was wondering if it was still possible to see you play and hear you talk about it or is this also going to be exclusive to your "members"?

TehVader 11-19-2007 12:42 PM

This post makes me sad that I can't play online untill january [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jay. 11-19-2007 12:43 PM

i thought of you as someone who might want to be one of the mentors.

TheBobn 11-19-2007 12:46 PM

1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.

1. I improve my game by talking with fellow 2p2ers and reading through my PT database looking for mistakes after each session.

2. My poker goals: I ultimately want to play 200-400NL and have supplemental income.

3. My current stakes are 50-100NL(Just moved up in the past few days). My winrate has been between 4 and 6 pt/bb in the long run at the various stakes, 100NL is yet to be determined. I've played almost 200k hands since March of last year. I run between 20/15 to 25/21 depending on how LAGGY the table is feeling.

4. I don't have any examples of good strategy posts on hand, but I often comment on threads where I think that the general sentiment is way off, and that the correct action hasn't been mentioned.

5. I'm a 19 year old undergrad at Johns Hopkins. I'm majoring in economics, international studies and I have a very mathy/statistics background. I love to play poker, it's a great hobby, and the money is a huge plus.

Additional: I have/and or are capable of using the programs/have the equipment you mentioned.

Look forward to hearing from you.

ceegee 11-19-2007 12:46 PM

1. How you are currently improving your game
Currently I am improving my game by reading articles, publications and anything I can get my hands on that involves NLHE. I am reading such books as Harrington on holdem, Supersystem 1 and I plan to read the next books in those series. I also watch poker on TV any chance I get to study the different styles of play

2. Your poker goals.
My poker goals consist of becoming a winning player, and be able to make poker a more than just a hobby.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
I was staked in the Razz FTOPS and placed pretty well (Not in the money) as I am an all around player, but would like to focus on NLHE cash games. My earnings consist of grinding .25/.50 razz and .5/.10 NLHE making close to $300+ starting with no more than $50.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I don't make too many strategy posts, but I do post my hands whenever I feel that I am in doubt or question about a certain play, if you look in my history of posts, you will find a bunch.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.
I'm a Junior in college studying Philosophy. I plan on getting a BA. After school I plan on pursuing poker as far as it will take me, as well as becoming a certified ski instructor. I enjoy playing poker, skiing, weight lifting, and a lot of other sports. I could really use the opportunities poker can provide (money) in order to make a more comfortable life for myself as I have been struggling financially the past 12 years with just me and my Dad. I love the game of poker and the money is just a bonus, but if it can help create an easier atmosphere financially, I won't mind [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.
[b] I play about 20-30 hours a week and in the past 5 months is when I have earned all my winnings of $300+ grinding out low stakes cash games. I have made more playing with friends , but those are my winnings online. Incorporating poker with friends I've easily made over $1,000.

creamfillin 11-19-2007 12:47 PM

1. Posting and reading threads in uNL/watching CR videos/reviewing hands with PT I felt needed more attention/also read the higher stakes forums when I get a chance/read alot of the wells
2. I want to be a consistent winning player. I just moved to 50NL so I want to crush that before I move up to SSNL. Once I move up I'll most likely be playing 100NL/200NL for awhile . I think moving up past those limits will be the real test for me from what I hear about the difference in skill levels. I want to move up to whatever stake I feel I can beat consistently/I'm most comfortable at. Whether that's 100NL/400NL/1000NL I'm not really sure at this point
3. 50NL around 2K. I find it hard to put in volume.
4. To be honest my strat posts are meh.. they're short and to the point. As far as theory/poo bah posts I intend to write one in the near future.
5. I'm 20. Engineering student from NY. I love playing/listening to music/web design/and other geeky [censored].

manupod 11-19-2007 12:54 PM

1. How are you currently improving your game?

-I am receiving coaching from a 10/20 player here on 2+2, and communicate with a housemate who played big games on crypto back in the day. I also sweat for free a few of my friends who I'm teaching to play at .05/.1 and have bankrolled a few others at .25/50. I think this is an interesting dynamic, because I'm clearly not above receiving coaching, and I'm interesting in helping others as I'm giving back to the community. Also am a cardrunners member.

2. Poker goals

-I am quitting my job in less than two weeks to play poker professionally and see how that goes. Lately I have been mixing up my play between 8-10 tables of 1/2 all the way to 2 tables of 3/6 or 4 tables of 2/4. 1/2 is my bread and butter money making game right now, but I want to improve as a player as well, so I'm taking calculated shots when the games look good.

3. Current stakes and earnings

-Like I mentioned, I currently play 8-10 tables of 1/2 or 2-4 tables of 2/4 or 3/6. I made $13k last month and about that this month so far, and for 2007, my first year as a no limit player, I will approach and maybe surpass $100,000.

5. A little about yourself.

-Graduated college with degrees in biology and chemistry in 2006. Play rugby, basketball and baseball and enjoying reading and writing. Also play the guitar and enjoy attending the orchestra. I want to get involved with finance, investing or starting a business/company someday, but right now I'm just interested in making that paper. Have all the tools for vid making/sharing/skyping, etc

Thanks

Rips 11-19-2007 01:03 PM

I coached my mom in micro MTTs, and she is now a winner over 800 tournaments sample (True story).

I think this should be enough to win [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

2hi4me2cu 11-19-2007 01:04 PM

Id appreciate the chance to do this, i have been playing poker for 6 years, started when my friends introduced me...

I was a losing poker player for a long time, being my own biggest critic, i accepted that i was going wrong and set about reading and learning as much as i could to turn things around. ( i read a LOT of books..)

I dont post alot of strat, i feel like there are alot of great poker minds on 2p2, people that can offer much better advice than myself. However once i feel more confident id like to help alot more than i currently do.

Ive moved up from 0.15 / 0.25 to 1 / 2 and a little 2 / 5. I am winning at those limits. I can provide graphs at a later date ( im currently at work and really needed to get my app in early as this definetly interests me ) My aim would be to play poker full time, to move as high in limits as i could build my bankroll - id also love to play WSOP / EPT live events one day.

I only play nlhe cash. im 24, live near London UK, play poker almost every night (some nights my girlfriend needs me more [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] and although ive transformed my game, and im winning, i cant afford the insecurity of playing full time right now as ive got rent to pay. I also know ive still got sooooo much to learn, even thought i feel ive got a very good grasp of the fundementals of poker.

I understand i probably havn't explained every criteria you have requested, this is something i feel ive needed for a while now, as i dont know how much further i can progress just on my own, with no coaching.

Anyway, hopefully you accept my application!! If you want to talk over the phone or skype, please let me know.

-Thanks.

fnord_too 11-19-2007 01:09 PM

I would be interested.

1. I currently work on my game by doing some theoretical analysis and reading. I went on a pretty bad cooler early this year (started as a cooler, probably more than a little bad play after I was in it to make it worse), and my game has been horribly sporadic since then.

2. I want to play 10/20 nlh / plo and 50/100 lhe. Right now I have switched back to mainly nlh after playing plo for a while. I play pretty much anything, but usually have one game I am primarily playing at any given time. I really want to get to a point where I am making significant money at poker. I say I want to play at the 10/20 level because it is my understanding that a lot of good players sort of stop at the 5/10 level and make game selection at that level a lot tougher. Also, I want to focus on HU at some point. I enjoy that a lot, but I don't think I am that good at it.

3. past earnings ~ 100k over the last 4 years. Current stakes - nl50 - nl200 in my latest rebuilding phase.

4. It has been a long time since I posted in the strat forums, so I would have to dig (probably most of my strat posts are on the archive server). Mainly my strat posts were in MTT/STT/SHLH/LH. Some, but nothing much in the NLHE forums.

5. I have a white collar full time job and family (wife & two young children). I have supplemented my income with poker for several years, but I have also seen my bankroll drop abysmally low several times. (Usually this is due to withdraws coupled with break even/losing streaks or just not putting in the hours). Really, what you are offering sounds great. I think listening to someone else's thought process while playing would be very valuable. I probably put in about 15-20 hours a week playing, and 5 - 15 writing analysis code (when work is slow) and reading.

SuperSnort 11-19-2007 01:09 PM

i would love to do this also

i started off playing hold em, then moved predominently to omaha /8, then to omaha hi, then to random games, and now have started to return to hold em again and wish to improve my hold em game.
i subsribe to pokerplayer magazine and read the cardplayer articles online and also these forums (ldo). also watched a few of the deucescracked videos (although they are mainly limit) and learnt many things from watching tuff fish( last one may be false)
I would like to tighten up my game and fix my weak points, also learn more about EV and technical stuff, become solid player at some limits between 1/2nl and 3/6nl would be great
i am not playing too regularly of late, but i was play 2/4 plo quite regularly over last couple of months, having worked up from .25/.5 plo. on prima sites i used to play 2/4, 3/6 nl turbo tables and overall at FT playing plo i am up just under 6k$ ( was at most up 12k but nasty downswing recently made me withdraw most of my roll and tilt rest off) on prima playing hold em i am probably up around 1000$, with my biggest cash outs being 4200$ and 1500$ (this was when i was underage, so i never really recorded all these losses and wins, but i many times i deposited small amount and would try to go robusto or go bust)

i havent made many posts in NLHE strat, but in omaha i have made a few posts you could check

and the great part about me... i live just outside of leeds! and i often go to leeds as my brother is at uni there and i may be going there next year! i am 18 and love poker and other skill based, so called luck games, such as backgammon and gin rummy. i seem to like lots of logic and puzzle based games and enjoy all sport,(squash being favourite atm)

hope that is good ;-)

Mjafish 11-19-2007 01:23 PM

This sounds like something I would benefit a lot from. I have been playing poker for 2 years now, with lifetime earnings of about 30k. I used to have periods where I would start running bad, playing bad, tilting, and I would cash out a big chunk of my BR and start over. My latest one being at the end of august when I cashed out down to about 2500. BR is about 10k now, mainly playing 200NL, 100NL and rarely 400NL if I seen an especially good game.

I have several people I speak with on AIM about poker. I read a lot of strat posts on 2+2, and watch CR vids, but don't post too much myself, probably because of a lack of confidence in my game.

Goal: I want to move up to 5/10 or 10/20 within the next 8 months or sooner (maybe higher once I get there), and have less swings/breakeven streches as I move up.

I have played on average 12 hours a week at various games (SNGs, MTTs, NLHE cash, PLO cash), in the last 5 months. I have been moving up and down stakes, winning a total of about 10k.

I am a 23 year old college student, about to graduate.

kkcountry 11-19-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shoot [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Alobar 11-19-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well that screws me.....but I'm tryin Ringo, I'm tryin reeeeeaaaaaaal hard

1. I just switched to to NL having played limit the last several years, and total robotic mindless limit the last way too long of that. I hated poker (even quit for an extended period of time) and I feel completely reinvigorated by NL and am actually very excited to play poker, and am spending almost as much time working on my game as I am playing it. Math has always been my weakest area, so I am spending lots of time going over that. I bought a few math based poker books, and I spend some time everyday with a pencil and paper going over equity situations. Doing it the long, hard way, is really cementing it in my brain, and like a huge nerd, im actually really enjoying it. I'm also reading and posting in strat again which is something I havent really done in a looong time.

2. I want to be able to play and beat the 5/10 game. I'll never be able to play nosebleeds nor do I care to. But getting to the point where i'm a decent 5/10 player I would feel like I had accomplished something and would be very proud. I also don't think thats out of the realm of possibility, I think have the potential to be a decent NL player. I was a decent limit player, who sadly turned into a multitabling unthinking robot who cared not to work on his game. Mostly because I got to where I hated poker. Playing NL now tho, I see why, because limit poker completely sucks compared to NL. It's like painting a masterpiece but only being able to use 1 size of brush. It really hinders your creativity, and stunts what you can do.

3. I'm currently playing 1/2NL, my past NL earnings are less than 10K as I've been playing for only a couple month, and Im only playing 3 or 4 tables (often times only 2), working on playing poker, not trying to maximize my hourly. I'm not trying to make the most money I can, I'm trying to improve my game the best I can. I'm also spending a lot of time on other areas of improvement (books, forums, pen and paper) so I havent played many hands (less than 100K total, from 25-200NL)

4. I'd have to dig through the archives and honestly its been so long I couldn't remember specific posts, but In the past I think i've made some very good strat posts. I think I'm good at explaining my thought process well, I coached limit for a while a few years back, and have had quite a few people tell me that my posts have really helped them improve their game. I also think I make some really exceptional non strat posts, which obviously does nothing for anyone in a poker aspect, but I think it displays that i'm a reasonably well rounded, intelligent person, with a clear understanding of lots of situations, which are traits that can only help me at the poker table

5. I'm 29, I live in Phoenix, AZ. My turn ons are a warped sense of humor, athletic women, and gogo boots. My turns offs include narrow mindedness, superficiality, and ugly chicks. I love to rock climb, my favorite book is "fierce invalids home from hot climates", and I have an unhealthy dislike for spoons.

jungy121 11-19-2007 01:30 PM

Jay,

I'm also very interested in this.

1. I am currently improving my game by playing and reading almost everyday. I have internet on my phone, so I'm always reading SSNL to HSNL threads all the time. I'm very interested to see a high stakes players thought process.

I feel like I have a strong understanding for the game, but I want to further that and I think that this would be a great opportunity for me.

2. My poker goal is to be playing 1/2, 2/4, or 3/6 by the end of 2008 with a healthy roll. I currently play 25NL right now because I basically have no roll.

3. Right now I'm busto, so I can't afford to play anything high ATM. But, I used to be a regular at 200NL on FTP. I also have a lot of live experience. I had 600+ hours in 2006 and 600+ hours in 2007. I played 1/3, 2/5, and 5/5.

4. Here is a thread here
that I started a while ago when I used to play 100NL.

5. A little about myself, My name's Richard and I'm 20 years old. Been playing poker seriously seriously for about 2 years. I also have camtasia and a mic. So skype wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the opportunity Jay =].

Tib 11-19-2007 01:30 PM

I'm interested! I made my way from microlimit to 200NL and I'd like to improve myself and play higher stakes.

I play about 70-80h/month and made about 10k in the last 5 months. I don't have a lot of post since I'm new in poker but they are almost all strategy post. First are microstakes, last are 200NL.

ADK 11-19-2007 01:31 PM

1. Reading/posting on 2p2, watching cardrunner videos, going over all my hands in PT after every session and seeing what I could have done different to maximize profit, constantly discussing hands with players I look upto on MSN/IRC.

2. To become a successful 5/10 NL reg (both 6max and HU) is my ultimate goal, all I want to do is be a winning player at those stakes right now.

3. Earned over 12k during the summer from NL50>NL200. Made a huge cash out for college in September now I have a tiny bankroll which I'm finding difficult to build back up for some reason. (I think too much heads up has affected my 6 max play in a very huge but bad way).
Back playing NL50/NL100 but have been playing breakeven for the last month which is unbelievably frustrating and unmotivating.

4.In my first year of college in the UK.. was planning to live of poker but due the reasons above im finding this difficult which is pretty frustrating and its really affecting my mindset whilst at college.

Have skype etc.. play about 15k-20k hands a month average, a bit more during the summer/holidays, plenty of time to dedicate myself to something like this as it can only do good things for me.

thanks

ImsaKidd 11-19-2007 01:34 PM

Learning how to Choo Choo better, dinking around with pokerstove, etc. I don't exactly have anyone to talk ss strat with, soooo yeah.

I've been considering adding real poker to my repertoire, so i'm applying.

2. Your poker goals

Don't stress out and hate life, and hopefully make money doing that. 100bb poker was so stressful for me, which is why I switched.

[b]3. Your current stakes and past earnings [b]

2/4-5/10 shortstacking. Used to play 1/2 6max and FR, was about 2ptbb/100 at those.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made

Maybe if there was a shortstack forum?

5. A little about yourself

I'm a math guy. I did bonus whoring for a long time (before it was nuked for US) and loved it because my edge was really clear. Shortstacking is the same way. I never got to that point with 100bb poker, hopefully I can get there, and learn to deal with all the swongs.

buttonpusher 11-19-2007 01:37 PM

Would love to do this.

1. Been playing since I turned 18 (probably closer to 17 but didn't deposit until I was legal). I've played all variety's of holdem (limit/nl/sit's/mtt's). Successfully grinded $5 sit's and am able to beat micro nl tables (.10/25 mostly). Currently trying to beat the .25/.50 tables and am showing progress. I have been using pokertracker recently to try and improve my game and I am starting to see results from it. I also read lots of the micro strategy forum.

2. I don't want to be a full time pro. I do want to earn a substantial side income from poker, especially while i finish up my university degree. Would love to be able to crush the 1/2 - 2/4 levels of nl.

3. Current stakes are a mix of .10/.25 and .25/.50 6max nl. I don't have 100% accurate numbers but i have made approx. $2000-2500 from poker in the last 2 years. About $1000 of that is from grinding sit's. Another 1000 is from mtt's over the last 2 years. And I have made about $500 from cash games. I think I'm underestimating and will get an accurate number later.

4. Most of my posts have been in the micro limit strategy forum. Nothing substantial worth noting however, mostly just my view/opinion on any given hand posted.

5. I'm 20 and going to University. I'm a Computer Science major in a co-op degree, meaning its a 5 year degree and I get 2 years work experience. I tend to play more poker when I'm on work terms. Have done very little web stuff but would have no problems learning anything required to run your site.

Pokerdemic 11-19-2007 01:51 PM

Hi,

I started playing about 6 months ago. Read all the standard books. Read 2p2 and joined CR. Built a bankroll from scratch and am currently rolled for NL100. I put in about 30k hands a month plus study time. I have a good understanding of poker theory, but less success implementing it at the table.

My goal is a good winrate at NL 1/2. This would be a huge boost to my income, as I am currently 50% done a PhD program that pays me very little.

I primarily post strat in uNL section. While my advice may not be the best in the world, if you take a look at my posts you'll see they are thorough and well thought out.

Since I am a grad student, I have a good understanding of teaching and learning (my dissertation is on the connection between writing and learning). So while I may not be the most exciting poker candidate, I would be a productive and active member of the community. I gots potential baby.

cecil 11-19-2007 02:00 PM

I watch a lot of CR vids and read a decent amount of strat posts. I don't feel I have improved at all over the last year and that may be the result of not having a coach/mentor. It has been frustrating to say the least.

2. Your poker goals.

I would love to be able to play 5/10NL to supplement my income. I am a senior in college and am going to graduate in May. I will likely be working in the financial industry.

I currently play 50NL-100NL. I have made ~25K prior to the poker legislation and have made less than ~5K since. I know it is possible to beat the games for much more than that so it's clear I have a lot of learning to do.

Not many posts but I read 2+2 every day. Most of my posts are in the investing forum.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.

I have been very successful at pretty much everything I put my mind to. I was a top ten dueler in North America in ut2k4 after hooking up with the best clan in the US and training with them. I played on the JrPGA and have a low signle digit handicap due to extensive work with a former PGA pro who coached me. I guess the bottom line is that if I have someone to show me the way, I'll get there. I also have a successful investing track record.

I work out regularly and like to stay active.

I am fairly compulsive and like to explain things to others. If I can build my poker confidence up I will be back to playing 6 hours a day like I did when I was winning at a decent clip.

I used to design websites in highschool and have a decent knowlege of php which I learned when creating an app for facebook. I should be able to put a workable site together for your students.

MC Chris 11-19-2007 02:04 PM

stealing my avatar makes me sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

jay mentor meeeeeeeeeeeee

Onaflag 11-19-2007 02:05 PM

1) I subscribe to both Stoxpoker and Cardrunners. Both have helped my game considerably. I have every 2+2 book money can buy and there's always one in my hand when I'm lying around the house. Lately, I've been toying more with PokerStove because I have a newfound understanding of equity. Funny how we think we know something and it turns out we didn't. That acceptance allowed me to start retooling my game six months ago and switch exclusively to NL cash.

2) I have several poker goals. One is to become the best player I possibly can and play stakes that will allow me an early retirement. Not really retirement, but allow me to switch careers, I guess. To do that would require me to beat the game consistently for an awful lot of money, but I am confident I can do that especially if the current state of online poker changes for the better with new legislation.

3) 50NL is what I currently play. I've become a BR nit and grinded to 50NL from a 5NL roll that was just left over from my departure from online poker when the chit hit the fan a year ago. I came back in March this year and have been propping on a small site to get where I am now.

4) I don't post strat much because when I used to, I just got laughed at. Long ago, I tried to post on the beginner forum, but there were posters doing that better than I could, so I left. There was a long stretch in '05 - '06 where I posted strat in the STTF forum back when I was grinding SNGs, but certainly not respected by anyone nor good enough for me to give any advice. I even made a couple stupid strat posts where I misread my hand and didn't realize it until it was too late and the embarrassment sent me to lurker status for a long time. So, sorry, this may not get me accepted to the program, but I haven't posted much strat this year. Would it help if I said I'd change that?

5) About me? 44 year old fat guy getting overpaid in the IT industry. Kids are all grown and out of the house so I can play poker live or online whenever I feel like it. Came into poker with the Moneymaker crowd. Limit for a while. Made a bit of money up to 3/6. Switched to SNGs and made a bit up to the 30+3s. Gave up online for live after legislation, made a bit of money. Came back online in March this year to exclusively play NL. I've always been either a small winner or a breakeven player. I've never lost at whatever it was I was playing at the time over decent samples. I just need to continue my growth in NL.

Also, I can run the website and forums. I'd angle to use something like WordPress or something similar.

Anything else? I've got zero attitude, tons of potential, listen well, teach well (when I know the material), and have been at this long enough to prove I'm not in poker for the short term. If I can get to mid stakes online and 5/10 live with the help of a support group, I'd give much back to the group.

Onaflag..........

AllIn3High 11-19-2007 02:07 PM

Reading 2+2 and talking about hands on IRC. The reason I haven't been posting much lately is that I haven't been sure about my own game and the fact that SSNL recieves too much traffic to generate interesting discussions.

2. Your poker goals.

Be able to sit in any $10/20 game online and live and win. My current goal is to play atleast $2/4 regularly again. Get better at controlling my emotions regarding poker.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings.

Current stakes are $1/2NL since I took 1.5 year off poker. I used to be a winning regular in the party 600 and 1000nl games back then. Past earnings around $100k.

I haven't made any since I started playing again. But I used to post reguarly in SSNL and MSNL before I took a break, and that's were most of my postcount comes from. I like to believe I used to give pretty solid, if nitty, advice.

5. A little about yourself.

23 years old male, residing in Denmark. Currently studying to get a masters degree in computer science. Played poker since fall 2004, have logged 400K hands of winning poker.

6. The last 5 months and earnings in that time.

Only started playing again in august. 78K hands mostly 100 and 200nl, winings around $4000, which I attribute to playing badly and learning the game again. According to pokertracker I've played 185 hours in that timespan.

kslghost 11-19-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Currently, I've been browsing SSNL. I used to post quite often but somewhat sporadically. I just finished reading PNL (Professional No Limit), and discuss poker with real life friends.

2. My goal in poker is to create a sustainable income that eventually exceeds my expected income in my field (Econ Major). I want to be a solid and clear winner at stakes above 5/10 NL. Shorter term goals are ~5k/month playing 30 hrs/week.

3. Currently, I am rolled for NL50/NL100. I choose to play NL50 for bankroll stability. My past earnings is mid 4 figures total.

4. Post on Risk Aversion This is a post I made that I think is interesting but didn't garner much interest. If you look me up, I haven't been posting for a while, but I'd say almost 90% or more of my posts are on strategy/advice on bankroll or other side topics.

5. I'm a University of California, Berkeley graduate with an Economics degree, but no job right now. I am definitely willing to help out with a website, but don't have hosting. I looked over the list of requirements/qualifications, and I believe I meet all of them.

fsuplayer 11-19-2007 02:30 PM

jay, you rock, <3. thats is all.

spalding 11-19-2007 02:36 PM

I'm a cardrunners member and always analyze my sessions in Poker Tracker. I've been reading and posting in the strategy forums on pokertips.org a lot, sadly didn't really get involved here yet.

2. Your poker goals.
I want to play 3/6 NL regularily and be a winner there

I currently play NL 100 and NL 200, have "made" around 50k so far but a huge chunk of it came from winning the bad beat jackpot :P (28k). I'm a huuuuuuuge bankroll nit

Sadly not too many but I'm trying to change this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm 21 years old and a student in the University of Heidelberg. Like many others I used to play RTS games before starting poker, latest one being command and conquer, where I was in the top 5 world wide. I'm a pretty competitive person. I would be fine with doing videos at my current stakes, I don't think I'd be of help when it comes to coding though.

[b] I play ~2-3 hours a day now and make somewhere between 3-5k each month.

The Funky Llama 11-19-2007 02:40 PM

Jay's posts years ago as 1800GAMBLER about game theory and mathematics of limit holdem had a profound effect on my game. There really weren't many , if any, posters talking about the kind of stuff that he was talking about. He surely has a great understanding of poker fundamentals and how it all fits together. I think anyone would be really lucky to do this.